Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinky and Jupiter bathtime pics... :0)

Tinky and Jupiter bathtime pics... :0)

My poor babies... it was bathtime again in Tinky and Jupiter land and mean ol meowmy actually took pictures...

Here is poor Miz. Tinky after bath and curious Jupiter pre bath..

And here are both after bath.... now it is time to lick ... lick... lick... lick... lick... lick.. lick..

anybody else have any bathtime pics?
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted on the "Poor, Poor Minion" thread-

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 05:03 PM.

I have learned many things on Pettalk...and tried new things as a result (see Water Drinking thread.) Some successful...some not.

However...according to Edwina....and for my own good I will NOT be trying this one!

Maybe it is my rural background but WHY do you bathe a cat?????

(Okay if he/she has fleas but after that????)

Poor cuties! They look like Noah does when he get's his baths!

Sara, we bathe Noah because he didn't learn the importance of grooming his entire body. He refuses to let me brush him, so I can only do that when he's sleeping and within reach. We usually take him to the groomers and have them cut his fur too...he get's hot a lot.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I have NEVER bathed a cat!

I just cannot pictured myself bathing a cat. I had one cat for 21 years and never, never did she have a bath or get groomed beyond a good brushing.

My last Aby actually enjoyed being wet down and brushed on hot summer days, but unless they are dirty, smelly or going into a show, they clean themselves, don't they?

Some folks bathe their cats to keep the dander factor in check.

I cherish my arms too much! LOL!

Last edited by sasvermont; 11-26-2002 at 03:46 PM.

I cherish my arms too much!
    arms, legs, head, feet, teeth, torso, furniture, house, and anything else ANYWHERE within a five mile radius!

This has only been there second bath in there one year life... sometimes they just start smelling like litter and I wanna freshen them up..... they tolerate the bath... they don't try to scratch me or anything the just make a few PITIFUL meows. But you can tell they fee a lot better afterwards... they got soooo playful.. It was so cute Tinky, sweet little girl licked until she was totally dry and Jupiter would get right up to her ... do his butt wiggle ... then pounce on her.. it was so funny.... they played for hours after they were dry.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    This has only been there second bath in there one year life... sometimes they just start smelling like litter and I wanna freshen them up..... they tolerate the bath... they don't try to scratch me or anything the just make a few PITIFUL meows. But you can tell they fee a lot better afterwards... they got soooo playful.. It was so cute Tinky, sweet little girl licked until she was totally dry and Jupiter would get right up to her ... do his butt wiggle ... then pounce on her.. it was so funny.... they played for hours after they were dry.
    Yes...Noah's fluffy fur picks up that litter box smell too...yuck.

Our furries get playful after bath time too...wierd huh?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Conversation: Sas to Gabe

Sas: "You wanna me give you a bath big boy?"

Gabe: "You wanna your arm bitten off?"

The end.

Awww! Poor babies!! They're still too precious.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

I've only tried to bathe Storm once. When I first got him he had a lot of fleas. He was pretty good but his fur was so thick that I had to have him bathed again at the vets. They said he was an angel. Since then I've never bathed any of my cats. When I groom them I spray some conditioner on their fur and it makes them smell like babies. Tinky and Jupiter look very cute even though their mommy is showing embarassing pics of them.

TO: sasvermont and Edwina's secretary....the answer to bathing a cat is the same as it would be for bathing a dog or even a person. They get dirty. Even though they lick themselves, they will be licking off whatever they got into....dust, pollen, dirt (if they go outside) and just plain pollution. And if you've never had your cat bathed you cannot know the wondrful scent and silky softness that comes after a bath. My favorite shampoo is named Fresh N' Clean. the maker is Lambet Kay, and if you can find it, it is well worth it. I am HIGHLY sensitive to perfumes, but this smells SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good you just want to bury your nose in the fur and inhale. Actually, my entire house smells good after bathing even just one cat in this. So try it (or send kitty to the proffessionals) you'll like it.

MY CATS DON'T STINK!

Jen, since I have never bathed a cat I don't know the difference between the two smells. But my cats don't have a nasty odor. They are able to go outside on the porch and "blow the stink off" and when they come back in, the smell so sweet and clean...and fresh. I do comb them and they just don't stink - what can I say. Their fur is soft, silkly, clean and sweet smelling.

Is it something you do once they get older? I guess my nose needs to be re-calibrated or something, cause "I ain't never noticed a stinky kitty".....

My experiences are the same than Sallyanne's. This is one of the differences between cats and dogs. Dogs begin to stink, cats not. The fur of Filou and Tigris smells always fresh and very nice (I often put my nose in).
    Tigris had one bath in his life. It was when he managed to break a nail enamel remover bottle and to spill the liquid over his back. We had to do it 2 persons against him (you cannot imagine how strong 13 lb raging cat can be), he howled like a coyote, because he was sure we wanted to drown him and he did not talk to us for hours. I hope I will not have to repeat that

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope