This is Ogma (Og for short), and he is a Dogue de Bordeaux, also known as a French mastiff. I wasn't supposed to have him in the first place but I'm sure glad I ended up with him. He's been like a child to me, my best friend, my confidant, and my protector.

He's come a long way from when I first got him, physically and mentally. The once awkward, ill-mannered, destructive, shy, gangly one-year-old pup has grown into a fine dog. The first few months were the hardest, with his urge to chew and eat things he shouldn't (shoes, wii-mote, remote, computer mouse, cell phone...etc), along with the usual puppy problems. He's grown now and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He has a great personality, pretty silly at times, very playful, he loves cuddles and to sit on people. He has to most expressive brows I have ever seen in a dog. Even though he drools excessively (I've slipped and fallen in it), he snores like a motorcycle, bulldozes right through me, steps on my feet, and completely manipulates me to get whatever he wants ... I love him with all my heart.

Good afternoon, Og! I have never met a Dogue de Bordeaux before and you look very noble and handsome in your portraits! I smiled when I read about how you like to sit on people, sometimes step on your person's feet and snore a little bit It sounds like every day at your house is jammed full of fun, love and happiness! You grew out of your gangly puppy phase and became an amazing companion and friend to your person! I am so happy to meet you today, Og! Please have your person give you a huge hug from me -- happy Dog of the Day to you, noble Sir Og!