Thread: cat with CH needs loving home!

cat with CH needs loving home!

Hi my name is Tamara. I have a 1 1/2 year old LOVING kitty with CH that I sadly hao give up for adoption. He watched his mom die when he was a week old along with all of his siblings because of starvation. But he was a fighter, fighting to stay alive. I found him and nursed him back to health, he was so determined that's why I named him Leonitis (Leo for short). I raised him and love him dearly and he had so much to give back, to give to anyone who wanted some lovins. He doesn't walk but he flops and crawls to where he wants to go and can use the litter box and eat/drink on his own. recently I've begun my path in life and moved to NY but couldn't take him because of living conditions so I left him with my mom to "care" for him and she has proven not to care at all. She left Leo in the basement and would leave him to himself feeding him when she could and giving him water which wasn't the cleanest. I was horrified and Leo has come down with a UTI. I've come back to care for him and I think he may get better but I have to leave soon and he gets no love or attention from my mom. He's desperate for it when I come every now and again to visit. I'm with him now but can't stay too long and realized that he needs a loving home that understands his condition and will give him the constant love and affection he so yearns to give in return. I'm so sad to have to do this but he deserves so much better and I don't want to deprive him from it for my selfish attachments to him. Please someone contact me ASAP. I think if I leave him with my mom much longer she'll sneak and have him put down or worse just let him die. She doesn't understand his condition like we all do please help I'll send pics once contacted by email

Where is Leo located, city and state?
    I've Been Frosted

Leo is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Where is Leo located, city and state?
    Leo is Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tamara, I sent out a notice about your message to a couple of people I know who have large cat-rescue mailing lists, one in particular for CH cats.

I just now remembered that anyone interested won't be able to reply unless he or she is a Pet Talk member too.

Would you please send me (by private message if you prefer) your e-mail address and other contact information, and I will add that so interested people can get ahold of you and put your message out directly onto those networks. (Or if you prefer, I can have interested people contact me and I'll give them your contact info.)

Best wishes on finding a new home for this sweetie!

Pat, who has two CHers and another kitty with cockeyed hind legs
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yes my email is iimanii84 (the at sign) yahoo.com. there have been some people who have also contacted me from the CHcats.org. Thank You if that was because of you. I know this looks bad. But I swear I've just stumbled into this one. There are strays that are outside of my house. 4 absolutely adorable kittens. The mom has been a stray friend of mine for years and I fed her. She was super sweet but she keeps having kittens. She has these 4 and I was going to try and get her spayed before she could have anymore but I think she may be pregnant again. However tho she is a strong out willed cat, neighbors have threatened to call animal control because the kittens run everywhere and they don't like it so if you hear any shot outs (these are completely healthy) I would be more than grateful. I can't believe all these issues have fallen on my lap at once. I can send you photos of the kittens by email

Tammy, I just heard from Debbie, who is an amazing CH-rescue person, who says she is coordinating rescue for this guy now!

is there a Humane Society or other rescues around Philly that could help you find homes for these other stray kittens and the mom and other cats? And is there a Trap-Neuter-Return program in the area? If so, they could help with getting them spayed/neutered.

I just Googled "cat rescue Philadelphia" and got a lot of links. If you do that and check those out, I'm sure you can find several people who could help. I also just asked the people I wrote to about the CH kitty if they have any connections that might help with the others.

Best wishes!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you so much Pat, you've been so helpful and I'm truly thankful.

Bless you,
    Tamara