Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy's hormones running AMUCK?

Andy's hormones running AMUCK?

I don't quite know how to post such a 'delicate' subject. Last night my son said he saw my Andy climb up onto Trevor's back and mount him as Trev was laying in the 'meatloaf position.' (Remember that thread? ) Anyway, Andy then did the little bite on the back of the neck that boy kitties do to girl kitties when they are mating. Trevor paid no attention and the moment was over as quickly as it started. My question is why a 6 year old kitty who was neutered as a tiny kitten would do this, especially to another boy kitty! Anyone ever have this happen?

Have there been any major changes in your household recently?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Nope not a single thing.

Pam, I have no idea. Neither Mimi nor Butter has ever shown any tendencies like that. But telling on my Golden Girls .....Honey has been known to do that to Lilly before!!!! And they're both girls!!! I have no idea what gets into them, but I guess just because they're fixed doesn't necessarily take away all of their urges.

Logan

Another delicate question!

Did Andy do the motion thing too or just mount the other cat. My guys and gal jump each other all the time, and bite each other's necks, but I never got the impression it was sexual.

You know, maybe Andy's grew back?!!!

Yes he did the "motion" thing too according to my son. (I didn't know how to word that - thanks! hehe!) No, this was not just roly poly stuff according to my son. It was the real thing only it wasn't gonna happen!

Sounds like it might be "Middle Age Crazy" ??? Did he go out and buy a new red sports car too?
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Mounting is more often than not a sign of dominance... but its confusing why it would start out of nowhere.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Let Mr. Jones tell you about the 'motion thing'. He has got THE moves, thankfully he only uses them on my leg, under the blanket, three times a day and never on Snowy.

Hence, he's known as Barry White when it comes to the ladies.

OMG! LOL LOL Sorry, this had me chuckling...especially from that visualization (dare I visualize!! LOL) of Andy and Trev in the meatloaf position.
    Yikes, I've never had this happen. It is quite odd that that behavior would just pop up (ahem...pardon the pun) out of nowhere! I would have been inclined to think dominance as well, but I didn't get the impression that Andy was that type of cat. Maybe he's playing for the ah...other side??!! LOL LOL At least he and Bella were not
    caught in the act !!!! LOL LOL ROTFL

Uh, Tex does this thing, not to other cats, but to various objects...the afghan, the stufftie on the bed, etc. He has been nuetered forever..he is 12 now, and I notice that he has been doing it alot lately. Maybe it is mating season?

My mom's very old cat (19 years) does this too.. to the other male cat and also some pillows around the house. I think it's just senility for him

Perhaps call a vet? Maybe it's medical?

Andy needs a date?

What about hooking Edwina up with Andy? Or is she not "that kind of girl?".....hehehehehehe. My guess is that Edwina would want Andy to go to her house, then to dinner, maybe a long weekend, a nice hotel/bed & breakfast - the whole nine yards. So save up those bucks Pam, send Andy off to Edwina's for Christmas, maybe!

Who was is here, many months ago, was complaining about their cat doing things to the hair/head? I remember that thread got out of hand after awhile. It was so darn funny.

Re: Andy needs a date?

Originally posted by sasvermont
    What about hooking Edwina up with Andy? Or is she not "that kind of girl?".....hehehehehehe. My guess is that Edwina would want Andy to go to her house, then to dinner, maybe a long weekend, a nice hotel/bed & breakfast - the whole nine yards. So save up those bucks Pam, send Andy off to Edwina's for Christmas, maybe!

Who was is here, many months ago, was complaining about their cat doing things to the hair/head? I remember that thread got out of hand after awhile. It was so darn funny.
    SAS, Andy has his eye on little DandyLion! He says she looks so much like him except her fur is a tad longer and oh so pretty. I told him she is much too young, and won't even have her "zipper" until next week. I don't remember the thread you are referring to, but I am sure it was funny. If you can find it let us know.

I guess Andy just had a "moment." I am not going to worry about it unless the behavior should continue. He is definitely not a dominant kitty. In fact both of mine are so laid back that I can't really pick a dominant personality. Andy does tend to start most of the kitty play time, but then again he is the first one to call it quits and begin grooming his buddy Trevor. Go figure!

Sometimes cats just do that. As long as they are consenting adults...