Thread: Trying to find my lost kitty :(

Trying to find my lost kitty :(

My kitty is missing from KC, MO 64151. She's white with blue-ish eyes and she is deaf! She's never left the yard in 6 years and she got a little curious and took off. We've searched for 3 days and Im wanting to try the "profile" from carl washignton, pet detective. Has anyone ever tried this and does it work?

Have you posted flyers around the neighborhood, and checked with local veterinarians and animal control officers?
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Karen,
    I have put up posters, called all area shelters, vet offices and animal control. I went door to door telling neighbors, too. I've walked the woods in my neighboorhood many times but Im afraid of the possibility of a wild animal hurting her. Also, with her being deaf I know I could be very close but not be able to call for her. I'm open to all suggestions and I appreciate the feedback!
    Thanks, Amanda

What is her favorite treat? Might something smelly lure her out? This weekend, do walk the neighborhood again, people may be home that were not earlier, and ask them to check sheds, garages, etc. where she might have been accidentally shut in. Ask animal control if they hav a humane trap you might be able to set up with something smelly like tuna fish ...
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Amanda ~ I recommend you go to the shelters and fill out lost pet forms.
    You need to look in every cage because just in case. They sometimes keep cats in the infirmary. Make sure you look there too and even the dog cages. Ask to look at their found cat forms. Sadly, look at the DOA files. Time of the essence. Unless you go and check for yourself, you're relying on the overworked volunteers at the shelter to do the search for you know your kitty better than anyone.

There are also some good ideas here: http://www.petrescue.com/petlibrary/...st-cat-or-dog/

Sadly, we found that our cat (Kuhio) was put to sleep at our shelter because we didn't find her in time. Please go to all shelters close to your area and make friends with the volunteers there. They will help you if possible. Go door-to-door in your neighborhood, our neighbor 4 doors down had called the SPCA thinking our kitty was abandoned. We were out of town and by the time we found out, it was too late.

Please keep us posted.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Since she's never been out of the yard before, it's quite possible that she's very close, but hiding. Heck, my little house is only a thousand square feet and there've been times when I couldn't find someone who didn't want to be found. Cats are experts at "hiding in plain sight." You could try taking some clothing that you've worn and not washed and putting that outside; if she happens to be a little farther away, the scent might guide her home. Do follow Lisa's advice: GO the shelters in person and check everywhere. I remember Kuhio's tragedy (how Lisa and I met), and it still haunts me.

What's your cat's name? I'll add her to my nightly prayers, along with BeeBop and Sylvester.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Please follow all these expert advices. Best wishes to find your baby. Keep her inside when you find her. Safest place.

it's also quite possible that either a coyote a wolf or a hawk nabbed her. With all due respect, a deaf cat has no business being outside. Just 'sayin.

it's also quite possible that either a coyote a wolf or a hawk nabbed her. With all due respect, a deaf cat has no business being outside. Just 'sayin. Also, cats do not stray far from their food source. if you have a shed, a garage or a crawl space check those areas. I will keep your kitty in my thoughts and prayers.

Blog Entries

dear lost kitty

you are in our prayers.. please come home..

We are calling on our Pet Talker Awesome Angels Search and Rescue Squad to bring your little friend home
    That is the worst experience in the world , not knowing where your Cat Companion is.
    We pray she is home soon
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers for your kitty to get home safely.

And PLEASE keep her inside once she is back!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Praying for her, and for you.....PLEASE let us know if you find her!...
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Like you, I have a white deaf cat and what are going through is my worst fear

You are doing all the right things. The one thing about a white cat is that they stand out because they are so different. On your lost posters could you ask people to phone you if they have seen her. I promise there are not that many white cats wandering around outside.

Good luck with everything and our prayers are with you!

Thank you

Thank you to everyone for the kind words! Still no sightings but I'm still so hopeful to bring her home! Not sure if I put this in the original post but her name is Angel.
    I do know it is possible a wild animal got her, I'm just hoping for the best outcome!
    Thanks again, I'll update if anything new comes along.