Thread: Mikey and Bones

Mikey and Bones

I don't know if I ever made a post or a thread about Mikey and Bones.

Well as you guys know, every dog loves their bones.

When we first got Mikey, he had a rawhide bone. It came with him. Normal right? Well of course, nothing with Mikey is ever normal. We discovered that this large-sized bone was actually a bad thing for our puggle here. He actually literally walks around the house crying ALL DAY trying to find a place to bury this bone. He would put it on the floor and start scraping what appeared to be (to him) "invisible"dirt over it.

Well, he cries to the point that it is visibly upsetting him. He digs it in the couch, leaves it, comes back, cries more, finds a new spot. Oh, he'll try beds, futons, curtains, his bed, crate, even SHOES. He tries to sneak it outside. Overall, he's just kind of annoying about it. So the last bone we got him as 2 years ago on Christmas. Don't think it's worth making him stress.

Anyway, last friday I was at a friends house and my friends aunt gave me a bone to give to him. She has 4 dogs and didn't have a use for it. I gave it to Mikey the next day. It was a meat-filled or filled one. He was FINE with it. Thought maybe the bone thing was a phase and he had gotten over it? I took him out and he forgot about it for a week. I get home last night at about 12:30 in the morning to a crying dog. He had found it. Needless to say, I pretended to help him bury it and threw it out. He will probably not be getting another bone every again.

Oh, and we give him dentastixs and smaller rawhide sticks that he finishes right away, so there's no crying involved. But having a normal dog doesn't ever seem to be in the cards for me.

What a silly, silly boy! It's okay to eat the bone, Mikey - you do not NEED to bury it!
    I've Been Frosted

Silly Mikey!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Normal dogs?

Normal is BORING!!!!

Mikey sounds like he'd fit right in with the semi-neurotic animals we seem to wind up with. Makes life interesting.

Lady would "bury" her bones in the laundry baskets, clean clothes, dirty, didn't matter to her.

Patch evidently got irritated that we were taking away his kills when he got mice and hid one under the furniture.

Dogs like Mikey just keep life interesting.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.