CONTACT Patty Burkhart [email protected]
George J. Waldbusser, 631-499-3953

Lindenhurst, Long Island
October 15, 2012

Three cats, 12 years, 8 years and 8 years in danger of being put outside on the street -- just in time for winter. Indoor cats their entire lives. Shelter cats rescued years ago!!!!!

*Landlord has become hostile! Owner fears for her cats when she is not home. She lives in a ROOM in this person's house. NO LOCK on door. Owner disabled, not working, may be evicted any day!

PLEASE HELP. Cats can be separated. Transport can be arranged. *

Please share!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kitty_Girl.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	55200 KITTY GIRL - tabby, age 8, UTD on shots - shy but once she trusts you, she is very affectionate

Name:	Buggy.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	55199 BUGGY - tiger cat, age 8, UTD on shots

Name:	Big_Boy.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	55198 BIG BOY - tiger cat, - age 12 - UTD on shots, rabies 1 year ago

All INDOOR cats for their entire lives. Cats can be separated if need be!!!!! Transport can be arranged!

Papers available for Big Boy and Kitty Girl, not for Buggy.

Short hair tabby/tiger cats. Not declawed.

No issues, get along with one another and very friendly, except for Kitty Girl who is shy, but eventually comes around.

Please someone help this woman. Please share. Thank you so much. They may be put out onto the street very soon. One is a senior cat.

Patty Burkhart

Their disabled owner has fallen on hard times. Her boyfriend died and she inherited the cats. She could no longer afford the apartment and moved into a single room in a house. She has not been able to find work due to disability. She gets a stipend from Suffolk County to pay some of her rent but not all. She gets food stamps and that's it. She goes to her church and they sometimes help her with cat food. She could be evicted at any time!!!! She MUST re-home these cats ASAP!!!!! It is a desperate situation. She is trying to do the right thing, does not want to put the cats on the street, but she may have to! Could be any day! UPDATE: Landlord has become hostile and she fears for her cats -- there is NO lock on the room she lives in, in this private home.

Her friend George (also a friend of Patty’s) has been feverishly trying to find fosters or adopters for her cats. See his e-mail below. He had no luck and finally reached out to me for help.

------>
Hi Patty .

I realize that this is a very difficult situation, and I appreciate any consideration that you can give to this. I've sent out over 600 emails, and I'm running out of places to call. But, the more coverage the better. My friend has to send the cats somewhere shortly, probably by October 1st. If not, they will have to be put outside on the street!!!!

My friend's phone number is 631-412-7259, if you're interested in meeting the cats.

Regards,

George.
George J. Waldbusser
631-499-3953