Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Christmas/Holiday Card Swap

2012 Christmas/Holiday Card Swap

Hello hello.. it's that time of year again.. almost.. :P ..

I was informed Lut was not able to organize this year's card swap due to health reasons.. so here I am.. I will be helping this year.. and whenever I'm needed of course

so, basic "rules" are:

1.- be over age 16 or have your parents agree to sing up (we are all trusty but some may have concerns about you giving your address, esp if you recently joined) (I will check personally so there are no suspicious signers, everyone needs to be at least 3 months old to the forum, PTers under age 16 will have to PM Karen so she's gives me green light to add you)

2.- send your full address to my email ptcards@gmail (add dot com obviously )
    (full name, address, zip code, country, email to send the list to, names of pets if you want, as well as your Pet Talk name) no one will have your address but me, and those who sign up for the swap. I will not be posting or sending your info to third persons out of the card swap people and it will be sent via email

3.- once the deadline arrives (Nov 11th), I will send an email with all the addresses of the ones who signed up.

4.- you MUST to send a card to ALL the people in the list, they'll all be sending one to you and they will be expecting one back too.

5.- cards can be bought, printed or handmade.. whatever you feel like.. they are all appreciated the same

6.- you must consider the postage: we have had folks from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Argentina, Mexico.. so check your post office for prices so you can be 100% sure before you sing up. average signers go from 20-40 people.

to check prices from USA: https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class.htm
    to check prices from Canada: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/pers...ents.jsf#Rates

7.- also consider delivery times: usually takes around 7-15 days for overseas/internationals to be delivered while locals can take less time, but since it's holiday season you might want to send the foreign ones first

8.- deadline to send your info is Nov 19th, but you can headstart the cards and just leave the envelopes til I send you the info, as signers will be listed in the next post

I think that's all.. if you have any doubts you can post here, PM me or email me.. you can also check past card swaps to get an idea
    Last edited by Husky_mom; 11-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Count us in! I'll send you our info now!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm IN! Sent you the info!!

Thank you for coordinating this, Isabel.

lol.. forgot to leave a post for editing.. oh well..
    I'll add the names here in the 4th post :P

Signed up:

FREEDOM
    KAREN
    PHESINA
    CATTY1
    KRAZYABOUTKATZ

FELICIA'S MOM
    PINOT'S MOM
    MAYA & INKAS MOMMY
    Lilith Cherry
    Lvpets2002

Cassiesmom
    Nomilynn
    Bonny
    RICHARD
    Captain

Mrspunkysmom
    Barbara
    Anna-66
    Ramanth
    CountryWolf07

Casper
    Neko1

and that's it .. 22 peeps joined the swap
    Last edited by Husky_mom; 11-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

I made this thread "sticky" so folks will always be able to find it, especially as General is such a busy forum!
    I've Been Frosted

You can count me in too. I haven't missed one yet since I've been a member of PT.

Bumping this up, so more folks see it! I saw Christmas-wrapped chocolates in the grocery store last night ...
    I've Been Frosted

I have sent in my info.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm in, but the email will be coming from my work email; please use the one I'll post - thanks so much!

Maggie & Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Count me in too!!
    Thanks for doing this swap Isabel!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oops....! I sent you my info but forgot to add my PT-name...! But I guess you know it is "Maya & Inka's mommy"
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

bumping it up.. still a few days to join .. do it now!! :P

notes-to-my-husband blog

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    bumping it up.. still a few days to join .. do it now!! :P
    Hey come on everybody, send in your name!! This swap is so much fun!!!

I just sent my info to you Isabel! the cards are so much fun to get and send! Thanks!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I've sent mine too.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-06-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678