Thread: help help titan needs help

Blog Entries

help help titan needs help

please reply anybody titan did something to his paw he was bleeding all over the place my wife is a nurse and had me apply alum to stop the bleeding it seems to be comming from between his toe i got no idea what he did but we applyed alum to stop bleeding god he was dripping blood wife wrapped it tightly iam just not sure were to go know what should i apply for infection i really cant afford to take him to vet at the moment iam outta work please any advice would help thank you email me at [email protected] or you can call 1-614-561-9512 thank you so much

If your wife is a nurse she is the best source of information if you are not going to a vet. When the bandages are removed I suspect the bleeding will have stopped. Bleeding often looks worse in a cat than it really is. If there is a vet school in your area you can check there. I know things are tough - but if you two can even have a piggy bank and put loose change in there weekly it will help to have a bit of a fund for your pet.

I assume Titan is a cat? You are best to put this message here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/forumdisplay.php?19-Cat-Health

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It sounds like your pet may need sutures if the injury is bad. Unfortunately, that will mean a visit to the vet. Leaving it untreated can cause a number of issues, not to mention the pain your pet may be in. If left untreated, it can become infected. Bad infections can take over and cause horrible problems, worse-case scenario it can infect the adjoining toe or even the whole foot. Problems that may cost you $300 to fix now can skyrocket to hundreds more when you wait and let it fester into a bigger problem.

Many clinics now offer Care Credit as a payment option... something to think about if you don't have the finances to pay for it now but are able to make monthly payments.

facebook

Here's a link to Care Credit where you can search for a vet near you who uses it, plus you can apply: http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries

titan

no titan is a 150lb dobie

You wife, as a nurse, should be able to figure out if it needs suturing, and it is very important to keep an eye on for the next day or so. Keep it clean and dry, and watch for signs of infection. If the bleeding has stopped, and the paw is bandaged, make him a "sock" out of a plastic bag and tape it so it stays on when you are going to take him outside.
    I've Been Frosted

Betadine

Keep the wound clean. I would take that paw and plop it in a bowl of betadine. It is the stuff all vets and doctors use when they do surgery. Looks like iodine. You can get it at the drug store for a few dollars. Keep applying it every day. You might want to borrow some money for vet service. I know it can get expensive, but ..... dog ownership is just that... you need to sell something or borrow if you can. Good luck.

Betadine

Betadine
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Betadine is a brand name for a range of povidone-iodine (PVPI) topical antiseptics produced and distributed by various manufacturers.

Betadine, like most PVPI products, is available in two formulations:

A solution, sold over-the-counter (OTC) for cleaning minor wounds[1] and used in hospitals to prepare a patient's skin prior to surgery.[2] Solutions are 10% povidone-iodine in water.
    A 'surgical scrub', which is a mixture of povidone-iodine and detergent, sold OTC as a skin cleaner and disinfectant hand wash[1] and used for cleansing hands prior to surgery and other aseptic procedures.[2]

Betadine is used in hospital settings as part of a regimen for Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP). Betadine may be used topically for surface infections of the human rectum.

Betadine 0.7% is used for sore throat by rinsing the throat without swallowing it. For lacerations in horses (legs, knees, hocks, pasterns), betadine is widely used to prevent infections. It can be used to disinfect thrush in the medial sulcus of the hoof.

Betadine is also the name of another iodine-based antiseptic produced by Swedish pharmaceutical company Meda and sold throughout the world.[3]
    Notes

^ a b "Betadine Microbicides for the home". Purdue Pharma. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
    ^ a b "Betadine Microbicides for hospitals". Purdue Pharma. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
    ^ "Dermatology". Retrieved 24 September 2011.

Stub icon This antiinfective drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

How is Titan doing?

facebook