Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fisters' Journey - Holidays & Hell

Have I spoken too soon again Now it seems that Fister has stomach cramps! He wants our attention ALL the time! I hope it's just because he had a few shrimps and a few pieces of raw duck! I gave him half a Romefen an hour ago (painkiller) hope that will help him feel better! Perhaps he just need to go to the box!

Ohh, just now, Fister is laying in bed on John's stomach UNDER THE DUVET!! That is very unusual!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Poor Fister! Did all the excitement of the day give you a tummy ache? I hope you rest up and feel all better soon. You are home now so calm down and enjoy your hugs and cuddles. Fingers and paws crossed that you are your sweet self soon.

All paws, fingers, toes, etc. crossed from me and my gang as well. Hoping it was just the excitement and the shrimp/duck. Keep us posted!

Oh Fister, you poor baby. I feel so sorry for you, you don't understand what's going on and don't feel good. We'll be praying for you sweet boy...here's to a speedy recovery.

P.S. I'm glad you were able to get that cone off.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Fister, I'm so glad that you were able to get the cone off. I sure hope that your tummy feels better soon. All paws and fingers are crossed here.

Today's update

Fister is feeling SO much better today! He seems to have changed his routine also. Last night he was walking all over us in bed - well, that's not so unusual, but early this morning he climbed under the the covers with John and lay there for hours!! Then, when I went to have my shower, we played a little with running water across the floor and he STAYED in the bathroom while I showered!! Very unusual!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh I'm so glad he's better again. Fister's tummyache was the last thing I read about yesterday and first thing I looked up this morning.
    I know from Tigris and Filou that they try to stay very very close to us when we have been in holidays. How much more must this be important for Fister who was with strange people who did cruel things to him (this is how it must have appeared to the poor guy). Now he can lay under the covers with his favorite people and relax!!

And they are so scared if they cannot understand things. One day we got a new wooden floor in our living room. People were working there with loud machines. We had enclosed the cats upstairs but of course, Filou managed to escape when Siegmar opened the door. He ran after Filou and wanted to catch him because there were these machines etc. When he got him, eventually, Filou was so scared that he peed on Siegmar's shirt and also left a trace of 4 claws 10 cm long through the shirt on Siegmar's belly...... But we were sooo happy he was ok!

It's fairly common for a cat to become extra affectionate after he's been sick. I think that the restoration of his routine is so comforting that he's grateful. I'm glad Fister's tummy feels better.

Fister, never a dull moment in your house, hmmm? I hope your tummy ache was just a case of the shrimp being bigger than your tummy! I hope to hear you are up and about to your ole sweet orange self in no time!!!

First off, I am thrilled to hear that Fister is doing so well. All of you have been through a lot and I know how you worried about his health while you were on vacation.

The second thing that strikes me - is that if a neighbor had made too much noise in the middle of the night and continually woke you up - you wouldn't be too pleased. But when it is our dearly loved pets - we have patience and understanding in unlimited quantities.

It sounds as though the three of you had quite a night. But he may have learned a few new things that he likes - spending time with John under the cozy covers sounds pretty reassuring.

I am just glad that he is back to his old self - the old cone is gone and he is once again KING OF THE CASTLE!!

Holidays and Hell - Part 2

It had been a week in hell at “The house of cages”, and they’d fiddled around with his plumbing and incarcerated him for over a week.
    But then the two “best humans” finally turned up again. Into the dreaded prison box, but then delivery. Finally home again! But they hadn’t removed that tortuous collar, most annoying. Every time he tried to go through a door or rub up against something - BONK!
    It had been so nerve wracking that week, that he just couldn’t get enough cuddles and good old homegrown loving. Follow them around, don’t let them out of your sight, don’t let this happen again, please! But they weren’t quite finished yet, two wonderfull days back on his bed and it was into that box again. Will this never end? This time it was a short trip to the guy in the green overalls. They trapped him and held him forcibly on a table and had a really big fiddle with his back end. He complained bitterly and considered an all out attack at this unpleasant intrusion, but that just didn’t seem to help anymore, and they seemed to be doing it in his own interest. Surely this must end sometime? Then into the box again, back in the noisy motor and then HOME AGAIN AND THE COLLAR WAS OFF! Things were getting GOOD again. Now, let’s get back on that bed again and get down to some serious cuddles and head bumpies!

That’s better!

Our week in Spain had been rather dampened by the terrible weather, but we had met another lovely Pet Talker, eaten loads of lovely Tapas and seen some great places. It’s always a problem when we’re away - How’s the cat, is he allright, and this time, will his operation be successfull? One has to put such thoughts out of ones head, but it can be difficult sometimes. The worst bit is when we come home and have to wait until the next day to pick him up. The house seems so EMPTY without him, and he’s just a few miles away locked up in a cage. We just can’t wait untill the next morning to rush off and fetch him.
    Every time he goes through such awful dramas, he attaches himself a little closer to us. I remember when he was a little kitten in the back yard, it was impossible to get within a yard of him, but after he had been caught and taken to hospital for his castration, he became just a bit friendlier, and would even allow us to stroke him. This latest drama has obviously been very tough on him, and he has become super dependant on our nearness now. He won’t leave us alone for a minute, and he has learned a lot more about talking and communicating with humans. He has actually become a real chatterbox, and complains very loudly at the slightest excuse, a thing he very rarely did before. Has he learnt this from the other cats? He has already retaken all his old territory, Johns’ stomach and Randis’ pillow are now his property again, but he has also found that lying under the duvet in the warmth is also a really good new way to pass quality time.
    We’re not quite sure how he’s taking to the new plumbing, he has been sitting in his box a lot today - and constantly washing himself. Let’s hope he’s getting used to the new system. He constantly asks to be let out in the yard again, but there’s no way when he’s in the condition he is now. He has also become much braver when we get visitors, wanders right past them and regards them with disdain. Before all this, he would have fled into the bedroom immediately. So I suppose that’s some sort of progress!

john
    Last edited by Randi; 11-28-2002 at 12:50 PM.

I was just wondering this morning how Fister was fairing. I'm so glad he has the cone off. Now, hopefully, things will go great for him. Paws and fingers still crossed untill he is 100% himself again even if his plumbing has been 'remodeled'.

I hope Fister becomes his old self soon. Maybe he just needs a few days of uninterrupted loving from you two to know things are back to 'normal'..

I know this is extremely late, but I just wanted to say how happy I am that Fister is back home and doing well. Sounds like he really had quite the ordeal and is extremely happy to be back home again. Seems like he's learned the old "you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone." Once he learned there could be life in a cage, he just couldn't wait to get home and get settled back in and show you two how much he appreciates his nice warm home....especially that nice big, soft bed with the wonderful eider cover to either lay on...or under.

Such a sweet boy. Please give him an extra hug and smoochie from me.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks Debbie, you bet we will! Right now, he's laying in bed ON John. The last few days, he's really started to come under the duvet - mostly in the morning, though. But at night, he's become even more social than before = lack of sleep, - but we wouldn't dream of chucking him out!

Headbumpies and hugs to Tubby and Peanut!