Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Websites anyone?

Websites anyone?

Hey everyone! A friend of mine just came up with a great idea, web building!

If there is anyone out there who needs a proffesional website built just ask and I can help! I will also do personal pages for family, pets, new baby, baptism, etc. Here is a list of my skills:

Photoshop Delux
    Dreamweaver
    Flash
    Fireworks
    HTML
    Java
    Cascading Style Sheets (still learning)
    Photo Editing Programs
    Rollover images
    Animated text
    Personal arrows, buttons and backgrounds
    Pop up menus and toolbars
    text trails
    and other things

Prices will be based upon what the person wants done. All work can be custom done or I can make up ideas and you can choose what you like best. I can also offer add ons and extras for already existing sites....if you just want to spruce it up a bit.

For information, questions and examples of work I have done please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I will be working on a small business site throughout the week during my free time that will contain more information about my work and the business. I will be signing up for a Paypal account tonight for people who wish to pay online securely. I will also except money orders, sorry no checks.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Former User Guest
    Is it allowed to advertise your business here?

I do not like this here , luckie4me !! Looks like an ad to me !
    Sorry ....

I have to agree with Lut. Sorry.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

An add? Hmm....I was simply letting people know if they wanted a website they could come to me as the topic has come recently. I know many people have pets here and not everyone is knowledgable in web building. So does that mean people here who have their "Pet Pictures" ad in their signiture are advertising then also? Just something to think about. I thought maybe people would be happy to know there is someone out there who could build them a site for their pets or what not. Sorry, didn't mean to offend people. As a board I thought we were here to express ourselves and our vews etc. I did not know I was doing anything wrong.

One day I will find a forum that does not scrutnize evything I do. It's always something. Maybe I just don't fit in anywhere then. I have not seen anything that says do not advertise your pet business etc, which to me I didn't even think it was advertising, now that I thin about it though. Maybe if it was set out clearly. People also advertise their small businesses in their profiles also. I thought maybe people would be happy about this and get excited, but I guess not. Sorry.

And plus, it's not even a business yet!!!!!!!! That is why I came here to see if it was maybe something people thought I should do, I wanted input. It was just an idea someone through at me. Now I am thinking maybe not.

On most forums I post, mostly rat forums there are always people there who post what they do. People who make rat tents, drawings of your rat etc and we never push them away. There could be someone out there who needs a new bed for their rats! This of course is just an example. I do not see how I am doing anything wrong. And if was an add I would do like the other person here and advertise in my signiture. Who is that person, let me find them!

Oh and I do believe I posted in general right? Anything non pet related goes here or am I wrong?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Ah yes, it is Wolf Q. ALthough now she has replaced her sig with a very darling picture of here doggie! What a cutie and I love the costume. So now you know, she is then advertising also. Not to point fingers but is she does it why can't I. And hey, I don't even have an jazzy add for heavens sake!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by luckies4me
    So does that mean people here who have their "Pet Pictures" ad in their signiture are advertising then also? Just something to think about.
    Tell me what I am advertising in my signature where I have pics of my cats. Am I asking money for it? Am I doing something for you and get money in return? Yeah, I might advertise our homepage, but I do not get a penny of it if you go there, it was built to share our cats with our friends, not ask money for it.

Ah yes, it is Wolf Q. ALthough now she has replaced her sig with a very darling picture of here doggie! What a cutie and I love the costume. So now you know, she is then advertising also. Not to point fingers but is she does it why can't I. And hey, I don't even have an jazzy add for heavens sake!
    Just to let you know I didn't replace my signature because I read that lol.......I just barely read it, and I replaced my signature a little while ago, for Halloween. I am planning to put my old one back after Halloween.

Nobody has ever cared (that I know of) if I advertised my Pet Portraits. Pet Portraits is my website.......it contains other things, such as pics of my dogs, etc. I really don't think the post that luckies4me made was a problem, but that's just me.

I'm of the same mind as WolfQ.. I don't think the post luckies4me is a problem. If you want a website done, contact her, if not... then don't.

Desigining a website for money is a trickey buisness. It's time consuming and hard. I know because I have a Graphics Arts degree and I work as a Web Tech for a local law school.

Luckies4me... if you are really serious about this, you might want to post at other forums as well.

Most people here already have websites about their pets that they made themselves with something like Geocities Web Builder. They may not have the money to have something professional built for them or they may just like doing it themselves for a home grown look.

Either way, your idea is noble and I wish you the best in your buisness interests.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by wolf_Q

Just to let you know I didn't replace my signature because I read that lol.......I just barely read it, and I replaced my signature a little while ago, for Halloween. I am planning to put my old one back after Halloween.

Nobody has ever cared (that I know of) if I advertised my Pet Portraits. Pet Portraits is my website.......it contains other things, such as pics of my dogs, etc. I really don't think the post that luckies4me made was a problem, but that's just me.

Thank you very much. It was funny how you pointed out switching the sig though. I thought that was funny. I didn't think you switched it on purpose, lol. I do have to say that I love that pic though! I have got to start taking more pictures of my animals. Do they have Holloween costumes for cats?

"Originally posted by luckies4me
    So does that mean people here who have their "Pet Pictures" ad in their signiture are advertising then also? Just something to think about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what I am advertising in my signature where I have pics of my cats. Am I asking money for it? Am I doing something for you and get money in return? Yeah, I might advertise our homepage, but I do not get a penny of it if you go there, it was built to share our cats with our friends, not ask money for it."

I was talking about Wold Q and her Pet Portraits. Of course I know that having pictures of your pets in your sig is not advertising, silly!

So I thought the idea would be great for people who need a site for their pets but do not know how to begin. As simple as that. And since we are flat broke and need money to take care of our son I thought it would be an easy way to generate some extra income, considering it is very hard to find a job in my small town, especially now that the college students are back.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by ramanth
    I'm of the same mind as WolfQ.. I don't think the post luckies4me is a problem. If you want a website done, contact her, if not... then don't.

Desigining a website for money is a trickey buisness. It's time consuming and hard. I know because I have a Graphics Arts degree and I work as a Web Tech for a local law school.

Luckies4me... if you are really serious about this, you might want to post at other forums as well.

Most people here already have websites about their pets that they made themselves with something like Geocities Web Builder. They may not have the money to have something professional built for them or they may just like doing it themselves for a home grown look.

Either way, your idea is noble and I wish you the best in your buisness interests.

Yes I was thinking most people who just want a pet site done would be able to use Pagebuilder etc. Thanks for your best wishes. I just love web building though, I could do it for hours! Especially when cute animals are involved. As of now I am working on a site for my Exotic Animal Rescue and Rehab Center. I have thought about posting to other sites but I have no clue which ones! Could you PM me and maybe giveme some information about art school. Maybe that is something I should think about.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Wolf Q! You should turn that picture into a greeting card!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Do you want to do this for a living? I think that would be fun. I am actually thinking of doing that while I go to school after we move. You can make your own hours....which I really like.

I create and maintain a few websites at work, and it is fun...but there are so many limitations. It's the corporate world I guess.

I'm not sure how you would advertise, accept maybe in the phone book or online.

Good luck! It sounds like a lot of fun.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I understand advertising can be annoying. It's everywhere. Television (public and private), radio, newspapers, magazines, books, movies, clothes, shoes, buildings, cars, taxis, busses, trains, blimps, billboards...

Pet Talk is a special place because it is full of special people. People should be able to tell others what they do for a living or for a hobby. To me the question is how to do it.

I think we will create a new forum called "Marketplace" dedicated to advertising and self-promotion.

There has been no "rule" about advertising so far. With the creation of the Marketplace forum advertising and self-promotion will be limited to this one forum with the exception of a single line of text in your signature. Images should be limited to truly special subjects like pets.

Paul