Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best pet grooming class in the East Bay?

Where is the best pet grooming class in the East Bay?

Hi,
    I would like to learn the art of Dog Grooming. I've been employed as a pet bather (I've bathed pets since childhood), but I want to be a professional groomer.
    Thanks

There are a pet grooming professional associations that will help get you started and the nice thing is that you can take some of the classes online. Here is the link for cats: http://www.professionalcatgroomers.com/default.html

East Bay of where? Providence, RI? I live in the East Bay area. San Francisco? I have a friend in THAT East Bay area, lol.

You can use Google and find a groomer forum, to ask them, but please be more specific in the area you mean!

My friend have been searching for pet grooming centers in East Bay, Because he was interest to know about pet grooming. After a long search he find the center, Finally he got one of the best centers in this area. He gathered some valuable information about pet grooming from the center and satisfied with that details. Finally, He said that there are only few centers are available in the East Bay for pet grooming services.

Blog Entries
    I Need some advice as to how to deal with a deaf, feral, ancient cat. No idea of her age as she came with the house. It's very apparent that she is quite old though. Have to keep her sequesterd in her own room, she has 3 beds, is extremly well fed. Problem is that she takin' to bellering at the top of her lungs. I haven't really slept for 3 solid days. I think I may be losing what little sanity that I did posess. I don't know how to deal with this one and I have had a lotta cats in my life It's unnerving and creepy. I think I'm gonna have have a heart attack. Seriously, I'm getting weird heart palpitations. I let her out on sunny days, not even a minute goes by and in she comes. to go to her room beller some more. She has to be in there cuz she tries to kill Mia every chance she gets. I am so tired of this. I'm quite sure she is senile and I know for a fact shes deaf

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to thank ya'll for the great advice. Ya right, recieved nada

Sometimes we have to think about what you are posting before we can give any advice....

Like you I have a deaf cat with no sense of volume control who likes to meow at the top of his lungs. I don't know what you have tried in the past, but I have found that putting a night light in there (in case she also has problems seeing) and having a window he looks out of and can watch the world go by.

Like you, he would attack a number of the other cats so that is why he has his own room. Usually for at least a couple hours every day I put the cats he fights with in a room and let him out to wander the house. That way he has time to sit on my lap and interact with the cats he doesn't fight with. But I leave him out for a few hours and then put him back in the room with a "treat" (usually canned cat food). Connor (my guy) is only about 12 yo, so he is not senile but he has many of the other problems you mention. I know that once I spend some time with him, he always does much better. Even if I am just sitting in the room reading a book while he is there.

Blog Entries
    Thank -you SO much, havin' a wee cry now. You are so right about needing a window and pets and some alone time with us, even if we just sit with her. Love her so much , she is very old and demanding. She has all of that, room with a wee view, in and out time. Her favorite food. She's just very vocal when she's not asleep. It's very loud... thank-you

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, she always has a night light as well, great idea.

My oldest lady is about 24.5yo and she LOVES her heating pad

She is in my office my herself (with me) for most of the day. Although right now I have two little kittens in here, but they leave each other alone and she has her window/night light/ and what ever food she wants.

Okay, I have been thinking about your little one. Is it possible that she is in pain from arthritis? It comes with age and would certainly explain some of her crying. Zuke's makes a cat trats that includes glucooamine and Chondroitin, which may help her.

Blog Entries
    Hey, there's a thought. Why wouldn't she have arthritis, at least some? She's led a pretty rough life. I will certainly go to the pet store and find those or the equivelant. She's not a picky eater so that might help. I've been brushing her a lot, she likes that the most. Thank-you! I'll try anything to make her days happier. And, well ours too

A heating pad or hot water bottle will also help her out. (Or at least make her very happy )

Blog Entries
    I will certainly give that a try, thanks. Good idea!

Blog Entries
    I would just really like to thank everyone from PT for listening about my crazy cats, sincerely. Spicy is doing so much better, I have mellowed as well and have been trying lotsa new things. Mia is the one who instigates the violence between Spicy and her. Mia cannot resist batting Spicys tail whilst she walks by and Spicy becomes outraged and infuriated instantly. 'course haven't had them anywhere near one another for months, SO exhausting. Mia just cannot believe Spicy does not love her cute, 3 pawed arse. Spicy cannot imagine how Mia has the freakin' gaul to even exist. Match made in hell fer sure. Will make this dysfunctional, strange brew work yet. Mia will never understand why they aint besties