Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pet xmas stockings

pet xmas stockings

Hi
    I was wondering how many of you will have Christmas stockings for your pets? I have been looking for some for my cats, and there have been a couple cute ones, but I think I might make them each one. who ever has pet xmas stockings, could you post a pic of them? I am not quite sure how I want to do this yet, if I want to get creative and make felt cut outs of snowmen and santa, on top of the stocking fabric, or if I just want to buy regular xmas fabric. have to think about it, I want them to be special this year, all lined up maybe 2 boy patterns for Patches and Charlie and 5 girl patterns, or just all xmas patterns. any crafters out ther, have any ideas? I have been looking at craft sites too.
    Faith in God

How bout making felt cutouts that resemble each of your cats?
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I'm jealous - no time to do crafts ! (And I am actually a craft store junkie - I could spend hours in them looking at all the fun stuff, but then when I get home I don't have time to do any of it. Another thing to add to my retirement list ) Sure, we have stockings for our pets - the kitty has a cute little stocking that my mother-in-law got for him somewhere, that has little plastic fishies tied to it with ribbons and his name on it with glitter paint.
    My daughter just bought some inexpensive felt stockings and is going to paint the names of each of her ratties on them with glitter glue/paint too. I'd post a picture of the kitty stocking, but it's buried in the basement somewhere and it's too early for me to dig out the Xmas boxes
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

yes I guess it is too early to have those things out! well no hurry.
    closer to xmas maybe you can post the pic.
    Faith in God

My mom and I made a bunch of stockings for our family last year. It took forever, but they turned out really cute. They look quilted with different pics of christmas things. I'll have to take a pic. I think I might make a cool stocking for Nebo and somehow make a pic of him on it. I haven't figured out how to do this yet, so stay tuned, lol.

You know you can buy iron-on transfers that you can make on your printer, right? Then you could take a picture of Nebo, put it on an iron-on transfer, and iron it onto his stocking! (Hmmm....that might not be a bad idea for my kitty!) I've always wondered how those would turn out.....obviously it wouldn't work on a furry, plushy stocking........
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

and at petsmart, I saw some that had a pocket on the front of the stcking, for a pic of the pet, like a frame.
    Faith in God

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    You know you can buy iron-on transfers that you can make on your printer, right? Then you could take a picture of Nebo, put it on an iron-on transfer, and iron it onto his stocking! (Hmmm....that might not be a bad idea for my kitty!) I've always wondered how those would turn out.....obviously it wouldn't work on a furry, plushy stocking........
    They have special paper that is used for iron-ons; you print from your digital photo onto the paper, then iron it on to the fabric. Be careful washing it, though. The plastic might melt in the drier.

We have them, but I haven't gotten them out yet, I'll post a pic as soon as they are out

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I have a cat stocking that is in the shape of a fish. It is red and green checkered and has a place on the front to put their photo. It is very cute. Sorry that I don't have a picture of it.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Lillycat bought my herd some BEAUTIFUL stockings two years ago..and the only problem is, I have grown..so, I have to get them out and see if I have enough...she even bought an extra, but, I blew by that number...he he..I will see if I can't get a picture.

Keep an eye out for the after Christmas sales...I know the Lazarus (Federated Dept store chain) had some really nice ones inexpensively last year...

I do Christmas stocking for all the furries. I don't have any kind of elaborate stockings, just the traditional red and green ones with each of their names painted on in glitter. I usually don't wrap any presents for them unless it's too big to fit in the stocking. Christmas morning I put the stockings on the floor and let them have at it.

I buy the cheap stockings so I don't have to worry if they tear it up when getting their toys out. Of course, I've only tried this with the 3 ferrets last year...with 8 now, it ought to be much more interesting. I can't tell you how hysterical it was to only see a fat ferret but hanging out the stocking while he was busy digging inside. I wonder how the cats will take to the stockings this year.

I'm also putting up a tree this year because it'll be my first Christmas on my own and I want my own tree....but I just know the cats are going to have a field day. I have only plastic oranments and probably only the top half of the tree will be decorated...but I know no amount of squirting will deter them from climbing the tree. oh well, it'll be an adventure!

I'll have to post pics from last year. I thought I had it posted on my site, but I guess not. I'll post some when I get home from work.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

Hi,

If you have the time and can knit or crochet there are a number of free patterns available on the web (knitting.about.com or crochet.about.com). I took a look at them and most of them seem pretty straight forward and you can always modify them a bit by putting in a cat

We have one stocking for the cats...but I've been looking online for one for each of them. I found some really cute ones at Petco, PetSmart and Drs. Foster/Smith online.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

heres an online catalog, they have some really cute xmas stocking kits...I have ordered some from ebay for this year but after xmas I am going to order the ones from the catalog, and make the stockings, hopefully after xmas, they will be on sale!
    the price is not bad for 1 or 2, but x 7 is too much!
    or, I like the idea someone posted , to make each stocking to look like each of the cats, hmmm. anyway I bought cheap one for this year, too tired to do crafts LOL.

http://www.marymaxim.com/Default.asp

after you click on either american or, I think the other is Canada? then to the left click on christmas felt kits, and it will show the xmas stockings.
    Faith in God