Thread: "Artika"

"Artika"

I'm new to this forum. I have a very intelligent 9 month old Shih Tzu/Spaniel mix that has become the love of my life. Her first taste of winter came last weekend. Artika was so in awe of this new seasonal blanket, she leaped, jumped, frolicked, barked and tried to bite the snow, watching her was pure joy!!!! Are pets not stress-busters, for me Artika has been excellent therapy. Actually, we learn from each other, although I believe she has the upper hand...LOL That's my baby!!!!!

Nancy Anne, I think you should post this message under the Dogs General category. I am afraid that many have missed reading it here. We mostly check this area to comment on the Dog of the Day and look only for his/her name to post under. There are lots of folks here who would be ever so eager to hear about your Artika. I am one of them. What a cute combination of breeds she must be. My Hannah is one who also enjoys the snow and cold of winter. We have jokingly referred to her as a Polar Dog because of this. Don't let Artika get too much of an *upper paw*. I know because Hannah thinks she is the one in charge as well, and the *learning from each other* part, I couldn't agree with you more. Welcome to Pet Talk, Nancy Anne and Aritka.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France