Thread: Unable to train cat - Weird Behavior!

Unable to train cat - Weird Behavior!

Hi Everyone,

We've been trying to toilet-train our 7-months cat for a few of months now! We've followed the tips on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p943wK0tSWQ

The cat started doing his business in the toilet, but we kind of got stuck at the bowl stage. As soon as we remove the bowl, he does it in the living room on the carpet! We've tried everything, but to no avail. In fact in recent days even if the bowl in the toilet, he does it in the living room, but randomly...coz sometimes he still goes and do it in the ball!!!

This erratic behavior has been driving us crazy! Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by pmolson; 10-19-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Is it possible to put a litterbox in the living room as well? Not every cat will adjust to JUSt using the toilet, no matter what we do. And when he does "go" in the living room, do you clean the spot with an enzymatic cleaner so it no longer smells, to a cat, like "good place to pee?"
    I've Been Frosted

Thank You

Thank You Karen!

As Jackson from "My Cat From Hell" said when he saw client's attempting to toilet train their cat, "Are you KIDDING me???"

The kitten is only 7 months old. He's still a baby and is probably confused.

IMO trying to TOILET train a cat is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It's wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    As Jackson from "My Cat From Hell" said when he saw client's attempting to toilet train their cat, "Are you KIDDING me???"

IMO trying to TOILET train a cat is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It's wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    Bingo.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

I agree. I also saw that same episode. If you only have a covered litter box I would also get one that's uncovered. Some cats don't like to use covered litter boxes. You should also have at least two litter boxes for him any way unless you have more cats and then you'd need more of them. I hope you can resolve his peeing issues quickly. Here's a great link that should anwswer all of your litter box problems: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=litterbox. Good luck.

Thanks for your input!

Imagine, trying to balance on a slippery surface like the toilet seat, with your legs spread apart. Good grief.