Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farewell, Sweet Sparky

Hope you got your walk with his leash in your pocket, that brought tears to my eyes, all of us that love our dogs can understand and feel your pain.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Ellie, I must say your post really touched my heart, not to sound corny. I, too hope you will soon, feel better enough to go for a walk with his leash in your pocket. It's so heartbreaking when they're fine one moment and gone the next, 'specially when it's so unexpected. I am so sorry.

Glad you decided to take that walk Pom-- it's what Sparky would have wanted for sure. Bet he was with you in the breeze, a leaf blowing around, the sound of the wind in the air, a bird flittering from a tree, they don't really leave us is what my firm belief is. I hope as the days pass the sadness you feel will also pass. Myndi will find a way to help you through this hard journey.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Every time I think about Sparky I get tears in my eyes. I too hope you took that walk. That will just help with the healing.

RIP Sparky
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry to hear the news. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yes - we did take that walk Friday afternoon and another yesterday, and will continue to do so each day - weather permitting. My rhumatologist told me I needed to start walking to help strengthen my legs, so I guess I'm getting that accomplished after all in spite of my bad knee. I'm feeling somewhat better, but LES still strikes out of the blue all too often. As long as I stay busy I do okay. It's toughest at night when Myndi and I head off to bed and Sparky is no longer there. She's doing fine, but I have noticed that she follows me around a lot more than she used to. Guess she just wants to make sure that I'm not going to suddenly vanish too.

Sparky's water bowl still sits partially full of water, and I just can't bring myself to pick it up and put it away - just as his food bowl and plate still sit in their regular spot in the corner on the kitchen counter along with Myndi's and my son's cat's bowl. His meds are still in his and Myndi's med basket and I've caught myself checking the clock on several occasions to see if it was time to give him his. Boy - old habits really do die hard.

So again - I thank you all for helping to hold me together as I work my way thru this difficult time.

Hey there Sparky-Doodle ~~ I hope you're having fun and meeting new friends and having new adventures. And yes - I do think those unexplained noises and that bark I heard here in the house (while Myndi was sound asleep), was really you. Thanks little buddy....... Love you and miss you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Still thinking of you Ellie. It will get easier, over time. Keep taking Sparkys leash with you and leave things as they are in your home for as long as it takes.(((hugs)))
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My deepest condolences on the loss of your sweet Sparky. He will be greatly missed by all of PT. Play hard at the bridge, Sparky.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

A chilly, overcast day with rain moving in later, so no walkies for us today. And I take Sparky's collar, not his leash. Oh my goodness - "leash" was a dirty word in his book - and the only time he had to be on one was when I took him to the vet or Petsmart or some such place. He had a 2 acre play yard to run free in here at home, - no leash permitted - and he used to be very good at being our Director of Homeland Security. Nothing invaded his domain without him knowing about it!

I'll probably leave his water bowl right where it is until all the water just evaporates out of it. Then I'll have no excuse for not picking it up. It's in the kitchen, and Myndi has her own water bowl by my desk, since she can't walk on tile floors like in the kitchen, without all 4 legs going out from under her. She doesn't do slippery surfaces! Only one of my son's cats used to get any use out of Sparky's bowl, and liked to dip her paws in it as soon as I put a fresh bowl full down, but even she hasn't bothered with it since Sparky passed.

And yeah - I know it will all get easier in time, as I have been down this lonely road many times before. For some reason, I'm finding it much more difficult this time. Maybe Sparky really was my true dog, and I just never realized it before now. And it's strange too, being a one dog only household, since for well over 30 years, it has always been at least 2, and sometimes 3 and 4. It's just too darned quiet...

Hugs and kisses to you Sparks.....
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

It is hard to read your posts, Ellie, and feel how badly you are hurting. We all hurt with you, for you, and only feel some sense of relief in knowing Sparky is no longer suffering at all. It is you and Myndi that are left behind, and that suffer so much.

I know the first weeks are so horrible to deal with. So many firsts, so many fresh thoughts, so many painful memories. Take some comfort in knowing you had so many wonderful memories of that boy, he lived such a glorious life, and that because of YOU he lived much longer, and because of HIM, you are a better person.

Take walks, leave things how they are, change things up, do whatever makes you feel better now, as Sparky feels just fine now. He is watching over you and Myndi, and wouldn't want the guilt of knowing you suffer too long.

Yesterday was a very bittersweet day. Sparky's ashes/cremains came back and I picked him up and brought him home late yesterday afternoon. At least I can rest a little easier, now that he is back home where he belongs.

Still miss you like crazy, my little Sparky-Doodle. XOXOXOXOXO
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Omg Ellie I am so so sorry for the loss of your Sparky. He will definitely be missed..... hugs.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Ellie, I'm so sorry that I missed this. I don't check in here or FB often enough. I know how sad you were. When you said that you slept w/Sparky's collar, I definitely related to that. I did the same thing when my dog Daisy died. The house felt so empty and when I'd hear her tags jingling, I felt better. The pain was almost palpable. Please know that I think of you often and, believe it or not, I was going to email you today. I'm just so sorry that this has happened. Love and blessings to you. RIP sweet Sparky. Touch in once and while and say 'hi' to your mom.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you, Kaitlyn and Mary, and to all once again. Sparky was such a good little boy and such a gentle soul. He was dearly loved and is sadly missed.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

It was one month ago today that Sparky had to leave us. Only one month??? ~ at times it seems like it has been forever. Forever since I glanced across the room to find him gazing at me with those big brown eyes and that silly, goofy, toothy grin. Forever since I had to rearrange the sheets and blanket to suit me, after he had made his nest in the bed to suit himself. Forever since I got an amazing welcome home and a round of zoomies, after I had been out and about. Forever since I had to share with him, just about anything that I was eating. A month of all of those forevers - and many, many more.

I know you're busy and having loads of fun my little man, but don't forget to check in with us here on the old dirt ball, every now and then. Love you and miss you, Sparky-Doodle........

*sigh* ~ I still can't read thru this thread or his last thread in Dog Health and remain dry-eyed. Maybe someday...............
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013