Thread: Copper

Copper

Yesterday would have been your 3rd birthday. You are WAY too young for me to be posting a memorial thread...but I dont know what else to do. I don't know if you're still living or not, but if you are I hope you had a great birthday. I still love you, miss you, and think about you every day!

Copper was almost 2 years old when we had to give him away a year ago. I know you can't imagine having to do that to your dog, but we didn't have many options. Copper was a field bred beagle. NOTHING kept him home except a kennel or chain, and no dog of mine lives a life like that. All he wanted to do was hunt rabbits on our property and the fields around us, so we let him run free. We lived on a gravel road, and our neighbors dogs all ran loose too, so that was Copper's life. He was the most gentle, sweet beagle I've ever met. Just over a year ago we moved. Our new home is on 2 acres by a busy road (compared to unlimited acres on a gravel road), so we decided the best thing for Copper was to give him to someone who could hunt with him...and keep him home in their fenced backyard. He did well in his new home, until a few months later he disappeared. His owners think he was stolen. I'm still searching for my boy! All I want to know is that he's ok.

Happy birthday, Copper Shiloh!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-1-11 066.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	56265

Name:	FEBRUARY 7 2011 140.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	56266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	887.8 KB 
ID:	56267
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Copper is such a gentle looking soul. It would have broken my heart too, to have to let him go to a new home, but even worse now, that no one knows his fate. Hopefully he is with someone who is loving him and caring for him, and giving him the kind of life that he wanted.

{{{Hugs}}} - and just try to think of him chasing those rabbits and having a grand old time - wherever he may be.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks! I'm trying to believe that somewhere he has a family who loves him.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

He reminds me a little bit of Mikey, be still my heart, I LOVE beagles. I am so sorry you had to give him up, let alone only for him to disappear. They are little Houdini's with that nose of theirs, mine's only half beagle (might as well be full!) but I can tell! He could have very well just followed his nose and found another good home? You can hope! Maybe one day you'll see him again.

He's so good looking and handsome. Was he by any chance micro-chipped??

Name:	FEBRUARY 7 2011 007.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	56281He wasn't microchipped Which was really stupid of us! He was the first beagle we owned, and boy was he a handful...but tons of fun, too! Because of him I adore beagles...and especially have a soft spot for every missing beagle. He was such a wonderful boy! Here are more pics.

Name:	Summer Fun 103.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	56282

Well you learn from your mistakes, my advice: ALWAYS MICROCHIP YOUR BEAGLE (OR ANY DOG) and make sure they are in an ESCAPE PROOF HARNESS (NOT a collar) when out on walks. My dog is pug/beagle and his nose gets him into so many issues. He digs under the fence and he kept on a tie-out in our fenced yard. I can never trust him off leash...he's food-motivated but it doesn't matter. Beagles just can't be off-leash from what I've learned. Not worth the stress, sadness, and pain.

Yeah From now on my dogs are definetly gonna be microchipped! Thanks!
    And hi Mikey! Learn from Copper...the backyard's fence is there to keep you safe!