Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farewell, Sweet Sparky

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Farewell, Sweet Sparky

Sparky
    2-28-1999 ~~ 10-9-2012

I always say "farewell", because "good-bye" sounds too final. I will see him again one day.

Many of you have come to know Sparky from my posts about him over the past several years, and tho there are a thousand thoughts running thru my head that I could post, I'll just touch on a few.

One poster said in his last thread in Dog Health - "What a joy he was." I couldn't think of a better way to describe him. Thank you! He was a Sparkling little gem, and all loved him, just as he loved all - especially babies and little ones - people and critters alike. He absolutely loved kittens, and didn't even mind a vet visit if Doc had kittens she took in, running around the office. Without a doubt, he was the biggest love-bug, had the sweetest and most gentle manner, and was the most well behaved (most of the time) dog that I have ever had. He could be quite the little goof-ball and was always making me laugh. The welcome home greetings he gave were awesome. Even if I had only been gone for an hour or so, he had to shower me with love and attention as tho I had been gone for a week. Of course it always included a round of crazy zoomies too! He had a stubborn streak when he wanted, but it didn't surface all that often.

He was a true Mommy's Boy - my little shadow. However, on the very rare occasions that I had to fuss at him, he would go running to my son and want to be picked up. I could almost hear Sparky saying, "Mommy yelled at me but I didn't do anything wrong - really I didn't." Silly boy!

I feel so lost right now - the house feels so different. I find myself looking where I step, just in case he is underfoot. I wander aimlessly from room to room and catch myself looking behind me to see if he is following as he usually did. But of course he isn't there. Every time I ask Myndi if she has to go out, I expect to hear him racing across the kitchen floor to be the first one at the door. I don't hear that anymore. Last night I slept with his collar under my pillow and snuggled with the fleece throw that I wrapped him in when we took him in to the vet. She does the cremation arrangements. He should come home to stay on the 18th.

Myndi seems to be okay so far, tho she is wandering around more. She knows that "something" isn't as it always was. Before we left to take Sparky into the vet yesterday, I wrapped him in the fleece throw and laid him on the sofa, then picked Myndi up and sat down next to Sparky with her on my lap. It would be the last chance I ever had to pet them both at the same time. Myndi sniffed all around his head for a few seconds, and then kissed him on his nose. It was so sweet and I totally lost it all over again.

I'm so glad that Sparky was such a camera ham, and I have loads of wonderful pictures that I will cherish forever. I'm so thankful that I got the picture with both of The Fuzzbuttz with Santa last year. I was hoping for another this year, but it just wasn't meant to be. There is so much more to the life he shared with me for all these years, and I could go on and on...............

Sparky, my sweet little man, my pillow pup -- I know that all is well with you now, and for that I am happy. My heart is broken that you had to leave, but I'll be okay, so don't worry. It's all about you, and not me, and our Creator thought it best to call you Home. I'll never stop loving and missing you, and all of your family feels the same. One fine day we will be together again - I know that for sure. Be on the lookout for RB Sherbie Kitty, because if he hasn't already found you, I know he will soon. I know you loved all the attention he gave you and how he stuck to you like velcro - even if you pretended that you didn't.

Rest easy, have fun, play hard and be happy. And please - drop in to see your old Mom on occasion!

We love you Sparky-Doodle,
    Mom,
    Myndi
    &
    All of your people
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc 2011060.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	953.0 KB 
ID:	55165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pups March 11018.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	948.9 KB 
ID:	55168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4105.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	796.5 KB 
ID:	55169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3439_edited.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	382.5 KB 
ID:	55171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 09 thru Dec 09 115.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	978.8 KB 
ID:	55172  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Our deepest condolences, we're thinking of you.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh My! I'm crying again (cried when I first heard about Sparky) while reading your sweet Tribute. Indeed he was a dear sweet beloved little dog and he was so cute in the photos. I know you know he is not suffering any more and you will see him again one day. Again, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you and Myndi will be alright. ((Hugs)) Kay

Ellie, sending you hugs at this time. Sparky was quite the gentleman in SO many ways, and yet, he did have that "spark" which showed up now and again ha haaa. Momma's Boy, oh that made me sigh. He really had a grand life with you and Myndi and he returned that love many times over.

Run free at Rainbow Bridge, Sparky.

((LES))
    So sorry to hear this Pomtzu! I wasn't very active on pettalk for the past few days and I didn't know Sparky was this sick. Rest in peace little guy. You're missed very much.
    Hugs for you and Myndi!

What a wonderful tribute to your little man Sparky. My eyes stung with tears as I read about his last visit to the Vet.
    Sparky was certainly a loved & a lucky pup to have had you as his caregiver.He will be missed for sure but he will never be forgotten.
    Play freely at the Rainbow Bridge sweet Sparky & say hi to all the other PT pets who have gone before.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a beautiful tribute to a "heart" dog. Your deep love and loss has brought tears to my eyes. {{Hugs}} to you and Myndi.

Ellie, we all know Sparky went on wings of love; yours, your family, and your PT family. Much love to you and all who loved Sparky in this time of grief. {{{hugs}}} from Pinot's house.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

{{{HUGS}}} Sparky was never more loved, nor had a better life, than he did with you.

Fly free, sweet Sparky.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

A wonderful and simply beautiful tribute to your sweet little Sparky. How you loved him, certainly shines through in your words..

Keep him locked in your heart now, no one, nothing, can ever take that away from you.

RIP Sparky..

Your Mommy took all of your pain upon herself now, so that you can run and play, until you meet again..

((hugs)) to Mommy..

I'm so sorry for your loss of dear Sparky. What a beautiful memorial for him. Yes, you will be together again, one fine day. (((hugs)))
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I did not expect to see this.
    I am so terribly sorry to hear of Sparky's passing. Sparky & my Jadie look so similar, I have always had a soft spot for Sparky. I know that he will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you. You are such a wonderful pet parent. ((Hugs)) for you, and for Myndi. I hope you find some comfort from one another.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am so very sad, and so very sorry, Ellie. I had hoped Sparky would rally 'round, as he had done in the past. What a sweet little fluffy boy Sparky was. All those memories, all those photos, may they bring you comfort in time. He will be much missed.

Fondly,
    Johanna

14. I am so sorry Ellie. Sparky was such a dandy. Indeed he must leave a big hole in your heart. Godspeed Sparky. Go light a little fire for your mom....

Ellie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sparky was such a wonderful little dog and he knew he was very loved. RIP sweet boy. Please take care. (((HUGS)))