Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farewell, Sweet Sparky

I am so sorry to hear this. He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. R.I.P. Sparky.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

You've written a lovely tribute to your little man. Sending you a big HUG and soothing purrrs from Cali and Diego.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

What a wonderful tribute you wrote for little Sparky. The love you shared, the funtimes, it all shines through. He made sure that the last moments he shared with you were in his own home with you at his side--what a wonderful gift to you-- something we all want but most of us don't get.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Very moving and inspirational tribute to dear Sparky. I totally started crying when I read "Last night I slept with his collar under my pillow and snuggled with the fleece throw that I wrapped him in when we took him in to the vet." :'(

I remember when you first posted that pic of him in the blue sweater in the snow. That is my all-time favorite!

Time heals all and you will meet him again one day.

Ellie, I'm so sorry for your loss of Sparky. I can tell he was loved very much and had a wonderful time with you. You will miss him, but I hope it will be a comfort that he is not in pain and knowing he is resting at the RB, before he meets his friends. Remember the good times and look at those precious pictures you have of him - love the first one and the snow one.

Rest in peace, dear Sparky!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP Sparky.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

A beautiful tribute to your much loved beautiful boy. {hugs}

Rest in peace now dear Sparky.

I'm so sorry, Ellie . Sending you big hugs and a kiss for Miss Myndi too

RIP Sweet Sparky.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

What a beautiful tribute to such a special dog. I am so sorry for your loss. RIP, Sparky.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm so sorry for your loss...

Your post was beautifully written.

Oh I am so sorry I didn't realize he was sick, big hugs. RIP sweetie.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am heartbroken to see this. I am so sorry I didn't see this early. I was hoping this wasn't "your Sparky". Rest in peace, little buddy! Mommy and all of us loved you! Help your mom and your sister hear fast, Sparks.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thank you! Thank you all for the kind words - it is heartwarming to see that so many of you took the time to post such lovely comments about my little man. I'll treasure your words forever.

Yesterday the sun finally made an appearance, and lifted my spirits a little. It was a clear, crisp, cool Autumn day - the kind of day and weather we had been hoping for, and that would be beneficial to Sparky's health. CHF patients don't do well in the warm and humid weather, even when there is a.c. available like we had. Sparky would have loved yesterday - to be able to get outside and go for walks around the yard again. I was going to put his collar in my jacket pocket and go for that walk anyway, but just couldn't bring myself to do it yet.

His health had been declining since late May, tho he was mostly stable thru the summer. He started downhill just a few weeks ago again, and it was just up and down, back and forth, between fairly good, kinda crappy, and downright lousy. Ironically, on Monday he was doing pretty good - his appetite was great and he was more "himself" than he had been in a week. It must have been his last hurrah, because in a matter of hours, he was gone. It may sound somewhat selfish of me, but I'm glad that he passed here at home, in "his" (my) bed, with me and Myndi with him, and that I didn't have to make the choice to help him move on and then always wonder - was it too soon, or not soon enough - all of the "what if's" that go along with it. CHF always wins in the end tho - it never is cured or reversed - only stabilized/managed for a short while before it claims it's victims.

It's still doesn't seem real that Sparky is no longer here, and I miss the little everyday things the most. How he shared my cereal each morning, and my yogurt every night, his crazy antics at bedtime as he made his nest in "our" bed in the sheets and blankets (and even got himself totally tangled up sometimes), how he was a major bed-hog, listening to him talking in his sleep and wondering what he was dreaming about, laying by my chair in the dining room at dinner time and waiting for a sample of what was on my plate - all the little things that made him unique and so special to me.

Yes - he was a joy and a dandy indeed. There will never be another quite like Sparky! Miss you so much, my little man.

I think we will take that walk now....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hugs to you & to Myndi (((Hugs)))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so sorry to hear about Sparky.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)