Thread: Some exciting news!

Hybrid View

Some exciting news!

It's been awhile since I've been on PT, although I do lurk around here and there to keep up. Just thought I'd come back to update you on some news and changes in my life!

First of all, I'm expecting!! My fiance and I are SO excited. I am now 12 weeks along. We had our first ultrasound 2 weeks ago and it was the coolest thing. It seemed so unreal but seeing our little baby kicking and that heartbeat was the most amazing thing. He/she is due April 23rd!

I am graduating with my Associates of Science degree this winter and am applying for nursing school this January at the University of Utah! I am hoping I get in, I have worked SO hard for this, but this is the most competitive program in the state. I have a 3.8 GPA and two years direct clinical experience. The only thing I'm lacking in is volunteer experience (A little difficult to fit in when working full time and going to school full time!). Last year there were 200 applicants and 64 got in. Let's hope I'm one of those this year!

I hope everyone is doing well here!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Very exciting new, all of it! We'll be pulling for you to make it into the nursing program! Had you guys set a date to get married yet?
    I've Been Frosted

Our date was June 16, but since its so close to baby's due date we thought we'd move it to August. Give me a little more time to lose weight and not have to worry about final planning with a newborn!

Congrats and good luck with your nursing program. I can smell the baby lotion already.

Congrats. Positive thoughts for the Nursing program.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Wow, Danielle, Congrats That's awesome about both the baby and the degree You've worked so hard, I really hope you get into the program you want.

Congratulations!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Congrats Danielle! I'm so excited for you Are you showing any yet? Maybe just a tad? You know you're going to have to keep us updated with belly pictures when you do start to show
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Thanks so much everyone. I probably won't know whether I get in until May!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    Congrats Danielle! I'm so excited for you Are you showing any yet? Maybe just a tad? You know you're going to have to keep us updated with belly pictures when you do start to show
    Thanks, Bri! I'm showing, but it looks like I've eaten way to many burgers in the past few weeks instead of a baby in there. haha It's not a nice round belly yet, just kind of a thick one :/ Oh, I will!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*