Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cali - Dental Today - Sunday - She's sick, need advice

We got the shot, a mere $65 and she's good with it for 2 weeks. Now why didn't they suggest that when I picked her up after her dental surgery? If she'd had it then she would have had her full antibiotic needs fulfilled and we wouldn't have had the goat rodeo of trying to medicate her by mouth. This morning she was full of beans, running around like a kitten, meowing, playing, obviously feeling better!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    We got the shot, a mere $65 and she's good with it for 2 weeks. Now why didn't they suggest that when I picked her up after her dental surgery? If she'd had it then she would have had her full antibiotic needs fulfilled and we wouldn't have had the goat rodeo of trying to medicate her by mouth. This morning she was full of beans, running around like a kitten, meowing, playing, obviously feeling better!
    Probably because its a LOT more expensive than oral meds and most clients don't want to pay it... SO glad she's doing better now (and you aren't stressing her out by having to force meds down her!).

facebook

Yay Cali! I am so glad she is back to herself!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling better now. When Blaze hurt his back leg several weeks ago, my vet gave him the Convenia shot which lasts for 2 weeks. It seemed to make him very sleepy and lethargic though. He's finally just starting to act more normal now. This did give his leg plenty of time to heal up though and now it's fine. If I do have to give my cats oral meds, I try to get it in pill form so then I can use pill pockets. This will usually work out well and it makes giving meds much less stressful.

Yay!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!