Thread: Oscar's Vet Checkup Today

Oscar's Vet Checkup Today

When Oscar had his checkup last year he was overweight and had a dental condition called FORL. 3 - 4 of his teeth had already been resorbed into his gums, and another 7 teeth had to be extracted. He recovered well, but the stress brought on a bladder blockage a month later. He was an expensive kitty - but worth it!

Today - his teeth were great (there were a few left!). He has lost 1 lb since January of this year. He has a wart-size growth on his chin; the vet's gut feeling is that it is a cyst and harmless, as there is regular fur growth on it. So I'll keep an eye on it.

His heart rate is good, but the vet couldn't check for a murmur as Oscar was purring the whole time and very relaxed and affectionate!

NOTE: I have been using Biotene in the cats' drinking water and my vet said that was a main reason why Oscar's teeth were good. To start the Biotene and keep it up after a dental keeps the tartar away.

Very glad my boy is healthy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's great news! Well done, Oscar AND Candace!

I'm glad to learn how well the Biotene has worked for him. I've seen that, but I wasn't sure if it would actually do anything or not (one vet told me he had his doubts, though this was a while back) and it's rather expensive, so I've held off. But I think I'll get some now.

Cheers!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Pat, it seems expensive to me, but a little goes a long way!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yay, Oscar! Please have meowmie give you a big hug for me-- one for Cole and one for Zoe too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm glad to hear that his vet check up went well. I hope that he'll continue to be a healthy boy.