Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep Daisy in your thoughts/prayers..

Please keep Daisy in your thoughts/prayers..

Hi everyone. Some of you may have read that Molly was put to sleep last weekend.

Daisy is now ill. She was rushed to the vet last night after throwing up a mixture of bile and saliva -- she wouldn't move and was very uncomfortable. She had a high fever when we brought her in and X-rays and blood work were done. Bloat was ruled out and pancreatitis was ruled out as well, for the most part. She has started to bleed from her rectum and refuses to eat or drink so they are keeping her overnight again. She's hooked up to an IV and other medication to keep her hydrated. An abdominal ultrasound is going to be performed on her tomorrow to see if there is a tumor/cancer.

She was brought to the vet 48 hours ago for a routine senior exam -- her blood work and urine came back excellent, her heart was in amazing condition. A couple days later, I now have a dog fighting for her life.

Please keep my baby girl in your thoughts and prayers, I want her home and back to normal very soon. I can't lose both of my babies within a week's time.

Thank you.

Praying for Daisy. (((hugs)))
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry to hear this. Could she have caught some kind of a virus when she was at the vet for her senior exam? I sure hope that the vet will be able to find out what's causing this and that she'll be able to recover. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Prayers on the way.
    I've Been Frosted

Saying lots of prayers for her.

Blog Entries
    Good Thoughts & Prayers sent Daisy's way
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Oh no! Prayers from RI. Come on Daisy, you can fight this off, with the meds helping.

Oh no.......oh dear my prayers are with you and lovely Daisy. Please pull through this, Miss Daisy, please, please pull through!

Oh my gosh I am so sorry.... lots of prayers and good thoughts being sent your way for sweet Daisy. Any chance she could've gotten into something out of the ordinary? Keep us updated

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Just checking in to see if there was any news!?! Keep fighting Daisy!

She's home!! We went to go visit her during visiting hours today and brought along some chicken and rice to see if she would eat it. She did! She drank some water too! Since she was eating, the vet said it was okay for her to go home. She's on a strict diet for a while and a bunch of different medications. She has a follow-up appointment next Monday, so here's hoping that the worst is over and that she is on the mend. We decided to not do the ultrasound and our vet agreed that it wasn't necessary at this point. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers!

That's great news! Keep on getting better Daisy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so glad to hear that she's now home and is able to eat again. I hope she continues to improve. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

So glad to hear she's home!!

Glad to hear she's home now.