Thread: Happy 3rd birthday, Dixie!!!

Happy 3rd birthday, Dixie!!!

Today is Dixie's estimated 3rd birthday! We adopted her in December of 2009 when she was 9 weeks old so we won't have her 3 years until December.

I was working one night when the ACO brought her in from being abandoned in a dark alley on one of the coldest nights of the year. I just felt there was something special about her when he handed her to me.

Everyone knows I love all dogs, but this pup was special and she proved to me how special she was when I worked with her at the shelter. She would aroo at me everytime I went to see her. I thought you are quite the diva, aren't you?

But she was really in to me, so I brought my family to see her. And, after my 2 dogs Rocky & Jenny passed my dad said no more dogs. But, he could see what I was talking about when I said she was special.

So, we adopted her on December 17th, 2009. It's been a real fun few years with her. She makes me smile, each day without fail. She constantly goes around the house and puts a stuffed animal or ball in her mouth and aroo's at you like that day I worked with her at the shelter. I don't know what we would do without her and I hope we have many more happy, healthy years with her. Oh yeah and she totally makes you play fetch with her every.single.day.

Some things never change...

At the shelter:

At home:

And a collage I made of her last night:

Happy 3rd birthday, Miss Dixie! We love you.

Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Hello Dixie, What a pretty girl you are! Happy Birthday to you! Your mom sure is crazy about you and I can see why; you're so cute. I enjoyed the photos and your collage is terrific. I hope you have many more happy healthy years together.

Happy Birthday pretty Dixie!!! I remember when you were found and when you were adopted. Your mom wanted you so bad!
    I hope you're having a great day, little furniece!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks Kay & Annette. She had a wonderful day.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Blog Entries
    Dixie Happy 3rd Birthday To You You are so cute & what a wonderful fun loving personality you have.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Dixie from Barry and Heidi,hope it was a good one.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Hey Dixie Loo, sorry to be a bit late. Aren't you a lucky dog, finding a great home and bringing so many smiles to all those folks who live there. Happy Birthday, pretty girl!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy (belated) 3rd Birthday miss Dixie!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)