Thread: One week on the new job!

One week on the new job!

It's been nice. Tiring. Monday through Thursday I cam home and put my feet up and didn't move.

The job is from 11:20 to 3:30 but I get there about 10 AM to plan rather than plan at home. It's a combination 4/8 period day. AB Block schedules with skinny classes. Freshman are on an 8-period day. My schedule runs like this. Third Block or 5/6 periods I have Geometry Tech on "A" Day and CP on "B" Day. Fourth Block or 7/8 periods, I have Algebra 1 Part 1 both periods. The Algebra 1A students were in Algebra 1 but were failing so badly at progress report they are being moved to my classes if the parent agrees. I did have a Geometry Honors, but these students were morning students and it was messing up a lot of schedules, so they cancelled that and started a new class. The Geom H kids liked their teacher and their classmates even though there were a lot of them in it.

So I have to move classes. Fourth block is in the same room every day now. The science teacher graciously allowed me to use it because she has her lab she can use.

On "A" day I use a math room and on "B" day I use a science room for 3rd block. I have a small tote but they have a cart on order. The had me going upstairs for 4th block but that meant travelling through a high traffic area with students tripping over me and me over them. And moving for both skinnies. Thank heavens for elevators. But those rooms were also English and Social Studies Rooms. There were smart boards in the rooms but I couldn't interact with the boards with the pen because tables were in front of each board. So I requested a change.

These people are so much better. When the new boss called my references he called people at the previous school, like the math coordinator who is also a friend. She's an honest friend so it works. I asked and he said he knew my previous boss and didn't need to call him. I told him a little of what was up. Hmmmm Even bosses have reputations.

Lots more to tell or relate but it can wait.

As an aside. After a week of walking I have so much more energy. I do not see how diabetics survive in jobs that have them sitting all day. I knew that was part of the problem at the two previous schools. And working out after school isn't sufficient. I may keep on as a travelling teacher if they decide to keep me.

Cheers!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you and that you also seem much happier at this school so far. I hope that everything will continue to go well for you.

So good to hear the enthusiasm in your words. Sounds like a great fit for you.

That's wonderful, Anne! Well done!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Glad to hear it is going well!
    I've Been Frosted

Woohoo! I'm really glad you're enjoying the new job and found people that will treat you right!

Ah, thank y'all so much. Right now I feel like crap. Must be a come down from last week and the crappy weather that can't decide what to do.

Need to do laundry. And put some stuff back or continue packing what I really don't use in boxes.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

It all sounds good.....

....it is always a bit frantic in the beginning.....kinda like the first few weeks of any school year....but it will get better.....i have been thinking of you...thanks for giving us a "peek" inside your week.

Thanks to PCB!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillycat View Post
    ....it is always a bit frantic in the beginning.....kinda like the first few weeks of any school year....but it will get better.....i have been thinking of you...thanks for giving us a "peek" inside your week.
    Thanks Lillycat. It's been some week. Turns out that I was sicker than thought. Probably a combination of stress, food poisoning (?), and ingesting gluten (accidentally). Just that gluten never made me run a fever for two days. UGH!

Better now. Working hard.
    Anne

.......awwww Anne.....feel better soon.....I am sure stress was involved, but sounds like a little flu bug with the temp....soon your school weeks will settle down to something close to comfortable and the weather will become more consistent ...then all will be peaceful.......

Thanks to PCB!