This is a long story. I need some serious help and I hope you can help me. My sister, niece and I are hosting a Sunday Brunch for my Mom who is turning 90. We sent invitations out. My older brother called last weekend saying he is bringing his daughter (who we just found out about a year ago....she was put up for adoption and lives down South), his daughters husband, adopted Mom and his daughters daughter (his grandchild). I told him the party was about Mom and not his daughter and I suggested I host a party for her the night before Moms 90th brunch so we can make that party about her and Moms party is about Mom. Yeah well that went over well...not! Now my brother sent an email to everyone saying that my sister and I don't want his adopted daughter to be a part of the family. He even went so far as to call his 18 year old son and cry. My nephew called me all upset and wants me to call my brother and apologize. My brother is saying he wants nothing to do with the family. I am upset because my brother is upset. I would love to meet his daughter but I don't think our Moms 90th party is the place for it. I don't know what the next step is to remedy the situation. Had my brother called and asked if he could bring everyone I would have said yes but I would have still suggested another get together to introduce his daughter to the family. I don't know what to do. I'm upset because my brother is upset. I didn't mean to hurt him. But I still think he should have thought this out a little better and I don't think he should have sent out a mass email or called his son and cry. Can you please help me?