Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles In Action

Eagles-Merchants 1/27/13

Pictures from the Eagles/Merchants game form Sunday.After the last picture,the Eagles scored to make it 3-2 and after that ,Eagles got a penalty and then right after that the Merchants scored to tie it up and it went in to a 4 on 4 5 minute overtime ,no goals were scored,went to a shootout,the Merchants score the only goal to win 4-3.The Eagles picked up a point in the loss to go 2 up on Port Perry for 3rd with two games left.Last night Port Perry lost 5-4 in a shootout to Lakefield in Lakefield and are now 1 behind the Eagles.The Eagles and Port Perry play Sunday in Port Perry ay 1:15 and Tuesday in Lakefield at 7:30.The first game of the playoffs will be Friday February 8th if they play Little Britain and Sunday February 10th if it is Georgina.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Playoffs:Eagles/Ice 2/10/13

Game 1 playoff action on Sunday between the Eagles and the Ice,game 1 was to be last Friday,the snow storm postponed that.The Eagles lost 5-4 on a last minute goal by Georgina with 45 seconds left.the Eagles were up 2-0 4 minutes in but took some costly penalties and let Georgina back into the game.Game 2 is here tonight @ 7:30,Game 3 back there Friday @ 7:30,Game 4 there if necessary Saturday @ 7:30 and Game 5 would be here on Sunday @ 6:30.

Game 2 Ice/Eagles 2/13/13

Game 2 action from Wednesday,Craig Crowther scored 2 goals to lead the Eagles over the Ice 5-1 and tie the best of 5 series at 1 game a piece.I wasn't close in the 50/50 draw,it was $110.Game 3 is tonight in Georgina @7:30,Game 4 tomorrow same place @ 7;30 and back here if necessary for game 5 Sunday @ 6:30.

Game 3-Eagles Melt Ice

The Eagles really put a thiumping on the Georgina Ice last night in Keswick,Ontario,winning 10-1 with Blaine Gaudon,Dan Michel and Greg St.James each scoring 2 and singles going to Brock Ackerman,Jake Choiniere,Brent Hambly and Craig Crowther.They outshot the Ice 51-22 and take a 2-1 series lead into game 4 tonight in Keswick.

Eagles Advance to 2nd Round

Anthony D'Urso stopped 29 shots to lead the Eagles to a 4-0 shutout over the Georgina Ice Saturday night to take the series in 4 games.Goal scorers were Cody Kean,Craig Crowther,Brent Hambly and Graham Snoek.The Eagles now go on to play the Lakefield Chiefs,the team they beat in the finals last year,series starts in Lakefield on Tuesday @ 7:30,back here on Thursday @7;30,game 3 in Lakefield Saturday @7:30 and Game 4 here Sunday @6:30,is now a best 4 out of 7 series.

Eagles lose game 1

Eagles lost game 1 of their semi final series with Lakefield last night 3-0,took 2 penalties early in the 3rd period and the chiefs scored 2 with the man advantage and scored another with the net empty net to seal it.Game 2 tomorrow here @ 7:30,Game 3 in Lakefield Saturday 7:30 and game 4 here on Sunday at 6:30.
    Last edited by fritz03; 02-23-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Eagles Lose Big

Not a good outing by the Eagles here on Thursday,were thoroughly outplayed,out shot 45-25,took penalties at inopportune times and it cost them in a 6-0 loss.The offense has been shut down,no goals in this series yet and have not scored in series.last goal was in Game 4 at 8:26 of the 3rd period against Georgina,had better start to break through or their season will be over tomorrow if don win.Anthony D'Urso was pulled after the 2nd.Game 3 is tonight in Lakefield with game 4 here tomorrow night at 6:30,might be the last one depends on what happens this weekend.I didn't go to this one,Mom had gone out to play cards at church,would have been a waste of time as it turned out.
    Last edited by fritz03; 02-24-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Another bad loss

Unfortunately bad loss for the Eagles,were shutout for the 3rd straight game,this time 5-0,out shot 35-21,have not score since game 4 at 8:36 of the 3rd against Georgina,they need to find a way to score tonight or it is all over.They pulled Anthony D'Urso after the second with Brandon Green,Lakefield didn't score in the last 90 seconds of the second and the whole 3rd period,something to build on.I think they are getting frustrated at not scoring and are taking dumb penalties,if they win tonight,Game 5 is back in Lakefield Tuesday night @7:30,major snowstorm coming in on Tuesday late afternoon and into Wednesday ,potentially 6 -10 inches of snow.

Eagles out of Playoffs

First period face off on Sunday between the Lakefield Chiefs and the Clarington Eagles,a shot of the crowd and the the two teams shaking hands after the game,the Eagles lost a close one 2-1 and are out in 4 straight games.The Eagles finally scored at 1:40 of the second period ,first goal they had scored since the 3rd period of game 4of the series with Georgina,a span of 213 minutes and 4 seconds.They had actually held the Chiefs scoreless from 18:30 of the second period of Game 3 to 3:57 of the 3rd period of game 4 and scored the winner 4 minutes and 33 seconds later.Brad Down scored the only goal, Eagles goalie,Brandon Green stopped 20 aof 31 shots in the loss.I was surprised the Eagles coach Ken Cain did not pull the goalie for a 6th attacker,most teams do this with less than a minute to go in the 3rd down by a goal,didn't this time.I am sure they were disappointed in no doing better,thy gave a great effort Sunday night,but came up a little short.They will lose their Captain Brett Brown due to age eligibility,age limit is 21 in Junior C.Next season starts 30 weeks from now,with hopes of doing better than this year,did not win the 50/50 it was $125.00