Hi Nelly! Happy Pet of the Day to you!

What a gorgeous, gorgeous girl you are, Nelly! Your photos are utterly precious, so heart warming and inspiring, especially considering where you've been and how far you've come! It breaks my heart, and frankly it sickens me, to think that after a umm... "failed" career in racing you would be handed such an unspeakable fate, tossed aside like a piece of trash, headed for the slaughterhouse starving, emotionally and physically.

Thankfully that dear horse trader came to your rescue and now, finally, you're living the good life, the life you always deserved, with a family who will love and cherish and respect you all the days of your life! And just look at you now, a living testament to the healing power of unconditional love, a healthy diet, a happy forever home! I love too, that you have Licorice and Mae to pal around with when your human is busy (even if Licorice does hog the hay...boys!).

You've come so far, Nelly, made such great strides healing not only physically, but emotionally, and I just know that under your human's loving care there are no heights beyond your reach! What a brave and courageous girl you are, Nelly, and how blessed your person is to have a beautiful best friend in you!

Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart, celebrating with your proud person and horse buds Licorice and Mae!
Lots of love to you, beautiful Nelly! Long and happy life to you! (Please have your person give you and Licorice and Mae a favorite treat, for me!)