Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's on her belly?

This is what Chester looked like when he's had yeast infections. And it does not go away or improve with anything other than ketoconazole.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    It is good news if it stays cleared up but I have to agree it does look a lot like a yeast infection to me too. I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Clavaseptin is amoxicillin, and is for skin infections. I still think this is a yeast infection.
    Since she was prescribed antibiotics, I'm leaning more toward a secondary staph infection that may have been caused by itching due to yeast. We (at my clinic, anyway) don't normally treat yeast infections with antibiotics but tend to use it for staph infections. Staph tends to be characterized by the "crusty" appearance from the first photos posted.

Quote Originally Posted by micki76 View Post

This is what Chester looked like when he's had yeast infections. And it does not go away or improve with anything other than ketoconazole.
    This is absolutely what a yeast infection looks like, and we also treat yeast infections with ketoconazole (sometimes with or without cephalexin/amoxi for a secondary staph infection if present). Notice the difference... no crusty lesions

So glad to hear there is improvement, though!!! Being that itchy is never fun

facebook