Thread: Last chance to view my old pictures! ;-)

Last chance to view my old pictures! ;-)

I'm currently redesigning and reorganizing my photo website, www.kirsten-scheffel.de, and in the process, I'm going to remove my old pictures. Right now, the page shows my work of more than a decade, but I feel that the old ones do no longer meet my today's standards. I felt uncomfortable with them for a while now, so I made the decision to show only those of the last three years, starting from when I got my first DSLR. Before I learned how to use that, I had no clue what photography really is, and I hope the difference shows in my pictures of today.

The new website, which will also look completely different, will go online within the next days, so if anyone would still like to take a look at the old pics, better do it now! lol Feel feel to download whatever you like.

Love, love, LOVE this! Love it! Sweet kitty girls!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post

Love, love, LOVE this! Love it! Sweet kitty girls!

I almost forget about that! Makes me sad to see them so close together; they haven't done that for years!

Although I'm a catlover, I absolutely love Emma 1 + 2. You have got to leave them on!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kirsten, does that mean a lot of thread with your images on Pet Talk will break, or are you going to keep the images on your server, just not have them accessible from YOUR website? Just curious!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Kirsten, does that mean a lot of thread with your images on Pet Talk will break, or are you going to keep the images on your server, just not have them accessible from YOUR website? Just curious!
    Most of the pictures I shared here are hosted on another server, so they will stay; don't worry!

Randi, yes, Emma looks nice on them, but I won't keep those on the website. There will be another one, newer one, of her. Feel free to download Emma's old pictures if you like.

Okay, good to know!
    I've Been Frosted

Silly, I don't know who Emma is, but I downloaded the cat pics.

Kirsten, I do hope you archive these elsewhere online. You may feel that you were in a learning stage then, but even as a novice, your eye for beauty or a story is excellent. I downloaded others that spoke to me. I'll link to them later.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Saved some to use as desktops. Kirsten, you do such fabulous work!

Thanks for taking a look, Anne and Robin.

Anne, Emma is my parents' rottie, you can see her pictures in the "Animal" section...

Well, I'm thinking about creating another folder for the old version, that way I could keep it on the server; something like www.kirsten-scheffel.de/old, but I haven't decided yet what to do...

I saved quite a few of these. I've used a few as my desktop wallpaper over the years. Your photos are always beautiful!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Great to look over all your pictures again Kirsten. And I did downlaod quite a few, thanks for allowing us to do so. Glad to know the pictures will be staying on here.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I hope that you DO store them somewhere and not just totally get rid of them.. I saw to many in there that I just loved!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I went back and looked at them again. Some of the shots bring such a feeling of calm and serenity. Just beyond words. Thank you for letting us know about saving the old shots.

Again, thanks a lot for taking the time...

I'm currently moving the old page to another folder, but I'm not sure for how long I'm going to keep it.

The new page will go online later this evening; I'll let you know...