Thread: Bye Bye to Summer Thursday # 499

Bye Bye to Summer Thursday # 499

Wow, we are getting into fall now - I saw Halloween stuff at the Rite Aid store yesterday, cooler weather is starting to creep in and the leaves are starting to turn...

Time for one last blast .... and getting some new mascots in!!!!!

I think some Spanish coffee, hot tea or ??? is in order.

DONE!

Leaves are turning here. Temps dropping to low single digits overnight. But our days have been lovely all week. Seeing temps of +25oC pretty much every day right now. Won't be long till the snow flies though.

I've got tea on and a gluten free banana loaf to share. Cali's got her purr on now that her ear feels better and Diego is wondering how come she gets all the extra attention (meds and ear washes).
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Made some banana bread here too. Spanish coffee sounds nice.

I have recently discovered I am no longer allergic to bananas, so I'll have some banana bread, thanks! I am enjoying the cooler temps, when we have them! And will brew a nice big pot of tea if anyone wants some!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Not so fast, folks. Yup - tomorrow is the first day of Fall - and the forecast is for a high temp of 85 here. Yuk! Fortunately it appears to be a one day event, as Monday it's not supposed to get out of the 60's. Hooray!!!! I turned the a.c. back on earlier this week because it got so humid and my heart patient dog cannot tolerate it. I haven't turned it off since then, but it only runs a little in the warmest part of the afternoon.

I'll partake of some banana bread please. And I don't know what Spanish coffee is, but I'm game.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

We've had cooler weather and rain all week but then it clears and the temperature goes up to 16 or so by late afternoon. we have the air on for most of the afternoon and evening but then turn it to heat for the night as it goes down to 1 or 2 so it's cool AND dark when we get up now. The forecast is calling for rain right through till Sunday or Monday, just perfect for the first day of fall...
    I wish we could extend the summer by a few more months, can't imagine another 6-7 mos. of cold and snow.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I do know what Spanish coffee is, but it's a little early.

Banana bread sounds good, though, and I have some regular coffee - I'll leave it on the bar. Super weather here; sunny, warm with a nice breeze.

Went to a MD SPCA event last night (food trucks, beer, wine, music at a local park downtown) - fun. Met some nice people and great dogs! One named King Tut I REALLY wanted to take home - brindle colored, looked like maybe a min-pin mixed with something a little larger - fantastic dog - so CUTE! Pinot, however, would NOT have appreciated the addition.

Happy weekend everyone!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Did someone say banana bread? Count me in!!!
    It feels like a beautiful fall day here. Temps in the low 70s now but lows tonight in low 40s. My kind of weather. Not a bit sorry to see the last of the 100 degree heat we had all summer.

Oh, the cats would love some catnip tea too to please?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bought my first jug of cider for the fall, anyone want some?
    I've Been Frosted