Thread: Our few weeks at the blueberry fields *pic heavy*

Our few weeks at the blueberry fields *pic heavy*

My uncle has 4 blueberry fields that got harvested this year. I was around for most of the day for about 3 weeks. It was long boring days with not much to do so I had Clover with me a lot for company She got a lot of time to run around the fields and eat blueberries (which she loves btw) I took a bunch of random pictures I thought I'd share.

He also works with bees and uses them for the berries as well. I THINK this is a honey bee? There were tons of wasps or yellow jackets, bumble bees, and honey bees around.

Clover will put everything in her mouth :/

She likes to stop and smell the flowers

She's always "smiling"

More coming

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

"It was awful nice of dem guyz to leave dis here fer me"

These are the bins she jumped into They were stacked in 2's though.

Since we got Coyotes here a while back the foxes have moved in town. I love seeing them around.

Is this one a bumble bee? I duno, but he's so fuzzy and cute

One more coming

My poor baby got stung twice during the 2-3 weeks we were there You can see her puffy lip. She tries to eat them...

Wonderful photos!! I enjoyed every one of them. Your blueberries are later than ours in North Carolina. My friend picked some for us back in late July-early August. Your Clover girl is so pretty; I've said it before but her eyes are lovely. Thanks for sharing the pictures--very nice.

Great photos, the first two are quite striking! Next time I am at the grocery store, I bet the blueberries I see will be from Canada! And Clover, bees are NOT for chomping, silly girl! You need them to pollinate the flowers for the blueberries you like to eat!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, Clover! I'm sorry that you got stung by a bee. Ouch! But I love the pictures of you having fun outdoors and stopping to smell the flowers! Happy girl!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Great pictures. Clover looks right at home out in the fields. I thought of her after I saw the pictures of the bees. Don't know
    why all puppers always seem to want to bite them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The first photo, the butterfly, is great, it looks like stained glass! I like the close up pics you did, prior to getting in to the Clover photos, lol. What a great model she makes for you. Enjoyed seeing her romping in the fields. And I've never seen blueberries in bins like that before!

The 3rd photo does look like a honey bee. Yes that was a bumblebee, they are QUITE juicy and tasty. Growing up, we had a dog who learned to eat them without getting stung, she was so determined ha haaa. We had apple trees in our front yard, so the bees came for that reason.

The fox photo is great, seems like you were quite close to it, but maybe that is the lens you had on the camera.

I ask my friend the "bugoloist," she looked at the pictures and said " I don't have a really clear view of the first (and am not really always good with bees on the wing) but from the pollen baskets, it's at least in the honey bee family (Apidae). The cute fuzzy one near the end is a Bombus sp. (bumble bee). Nice viceroy butterfly for starters, BTW!"
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The first photo, the butterfly, is great, it looks like stained glass! I like the close up pics you did, prior to getting in to the Clover photos, lol. What a great model she makes for you. Enjoyed seeing her romping in the fields. And I've never seen blueberries in bins like that before!

The 3rd photo does look like a honey bee. Yes that was a bumblebee, they are QUITE juicy and tasty. Growing up, we had a dog who learned to eat them without getting stung, she was so determined ha haaa. We had apple trees in our front yard, so the bees came for that reason.

The fox photo is great, seems like you were quite close to it, but maybe that is the lens you had on the camera.
    No, I was in my truck on the road. She was really close. Didn't have my telephoto on. They've become sorta "tame" if that's the right word. I've seen one walk up right behind me once while I was walking. Years ago I'd be lucky to see one once or twice a year in the country. But we recently got Coyotes here so they sorta took over the country and the foxes moved in town so we see them a lot. I'd rather have foxes any day. Coyotes seem to be more of a pest.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I ask my friend the "bugoloist," she looked at the pictures and said " I don't have a really clear view of the first (and am not really always good with bees on the wing) but from the pollen baskets, it's at least in the honey bee family (Apidae). The cute fuzzy one near the end is a Bombus sp. (bumble bee). Nice viceroy butterfly for starters, BTW!"
    Thanks Karen! that's interesting to know. I thought the butterfly was a monarch.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

WoW! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Gorgeous photos!! Thanks for sharing.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Neat pictures Sowa. Looks like that pup had her fill of berries. We always get bumper crops of wild blueberries but this year we had no black flies so no blueberries. I think this was a first but then so was our weather.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Just a tid bit of info - the monarch butterfly's bottom set of wings will not have the horizontal stripe across it.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky