Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heidi's Walks1

Oh no Heidi, colder weather coming! You'll soon need to bundle up for your walks!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Today's Walk

Heidi on today's walk,she bugged me to go by pawing my pant leg so off we went,another cool one today,41F.We did not see any dogs this morning,we got to a house on Parkway Crescent,they had Scarecrows in their flowerbeds for Thanksgiving or Halloween,Heidi stopped to look at them and her tail went,she thought they were real people,thought that very amusing.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Weekend Walks

First two pictures from Saturday's walk,pawed at my pants to go,it was 45F,we saw the Sealyham Terrier from a distance,we didn't go in that direction,a little too far away and on today's walk,bugged me again to go,was 48F today,no pals again today,she goes too early on these walks to see any friends.

Heidi Meets Friends

Heidi on her walk this morning and having a meeting with her Shih Tzu pal Abigail.Heidi first met a 11 year old Schnauzer/Poodle mix and a 2 year old Yorkie mix with something else,they got along pretty well,the Schnauzer was friendly,the Yorkie can be unfriendly,wasn't today,Heidi hadn't seen them in awhile,she had a great time with Abigail,both were loving each other up,Abigail had a rawhide treat she didn't want Heidi to have,they were up on the step.Abigail kept trying to bite Heidi's tongue,Heidi kept her tongue in, hasn't seen Abigail that much,maybe once saw her ,that was it.We also met Phyllis Mcrobbie,the lady I cut grass for,I went by her place to collect the money for cutting her grass,took Heidi in to see her,Heidi liked her,I had to take out her green pail of kitchen compost,Heidi wanted to get going didn't like me pulling her back,the leash and harness came off and she run onto the road,I told her to stop and she did and I picked her up and put her leash and harness back in I hooked her to a post that a hook for hanging a plant and that was fine.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Heidi's walks Oct 2.3 and 4

Heidi's walk's from Tuesday,Wednesday and today.The first two are from Tuesday's walk,no pals on that walk,next two from yesterday,saw lots of kids and saw a Husky from a distance,still didn't meet anyone.On today's walk,she finally met the crossing guard,got a belly rub,was a little wet on her tummy form being in wet grass,also greeted a man and a lady,they have a Shih Tzu,was not with them,their dog likes the family but strangers not so much,unlike Heidi who loves everyone.On each day before the walk,she paws at me,kisses me and licks my arm get going.

Hi, Heidi cutie! I'm glad you had a lot of fun on your walk, meeting people and other dogs! :-)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Heidi Walking Oct.5th and 6th

First three are of Heidi on her walk on late Friday morning,on this one she met 2 senior citizens,both men and they gave Heidi some pets,we went on our way,we walked to Bowmanville Cemetery which is a little over a mile from our place,took about 25-30 minutes to walk there.I looked at old gravestones ,there was one from 1872 and another from 1874,might be older ones,will have to there again,one of our relatives is buried here ,her name is Ethel Macklin,will have to look for her stone on another walk.We then went on to Dad's stone,the flowers were in place,hadn't fallen out,I introduced Heidi to Dad.On the walk back went through a trail that went South off of King Street East,saw a little Creek running through it and once we were on Hobbs Drive,met a young man walking a Australian Cattle Dog,they got along.Heidi had a few drinks of water once home,it was along walk, an hour,she did have a rest once home,really enjoyed it.Heidi shaking herself on today's walk,no pals this morning.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Heidi's Walks Oct 7th-9th

First two are of Heidi's walk on Sunday morning,no pals were seen on this day then on yesterday's walk,was a cold one 32F,Mom couldn't figure out how Heidi's coat went on so didn't wear it,saw a Black Dog a big one,maybe a Pit Bull,didn't take Heidi near it and on today's walk,no pals again,on every day before the walk,she bugged me to go,today was a little cold,39F so she laid down beside and wet a little later.She did her pawing thing to get me going and then it following me at my feet,nipping at them.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-12-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Heidi's walks Oct 10th and 11th

First two pictures from Heidi's walk on Wednesday morning,no pals on this one and on Thursday's walk,she saw the crossing guard and got a belly rub,cold morning,was 34F when I got up.Heidi wanted to get going,told her it was cold ,she waited until around 8 and we went on the walk.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-15-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Heidi Oct 13th&15th

Heidi on her walk on Saturday morning,we went by Buddy the German Shepherd's house and he barked at us and almost home saw Hershey the Chocolate Lab and she gave her some licks and on today's walk,met a Black Lab,the Lab wanted to play was jumping around Heidi,Heidi was scared of it,way bigger than her.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Oh no Heidi, colder weather coming! You'll soon need to bundle up for your walks!
    I was just thinking the same thing! Heidi, you might need an overcoat for walking. But for now you are able to enjoy the pleasant fall walks

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Heidi's Walks:October 16th and 17th

Heidi on her walk Tuesday morning,no pals on this walk,and in a big hurry to see the crossing guard today,got some pets from her and she then had to walk people across the street.We passed more people and kids on Jane Street going to school,no time to greet us.A cool walk today,was 36F when we got up and was 39F by the time of the walk around 8 a.m.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-19-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Miss Heidi! I wish you could come to Chicago and get me out of the house in the morning for a walk 39 degrees, that's a bit chilly! We actually had a mild day today up until around noon. Then it started raining and it has rained pretty much non-stop since. So I hope that tomorrow you get only the NICE part of the day we had today!

Thursday and Friday's Walks

First two pictures form Heidi's walk on Thursday,no pals on this one,was windy and 50F and on Friday's walk,no pals again,I saw a Bichon way down on Prince Street,Heidi had a call of nature and was gone in a house when Heidi was done.Friday's walk wasn't until 1:30,it had rained overnight Thursday,was too wet,,it rained again early today so no walk today,it is cloudy around 48F.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Sunday anbd Monday's wa;k

Heidi on her walk Sunday going up Flett Street and on Monday,today was cold,34F when I got up,was 37F by the time we went ,she was bugging to go,I said it was cold,so she sat down then a few minutes later started clawing at me so we went,no pals today,maybe it was too cold for them.
    Last edited by fritz03; 10-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.