Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heidi's Walks1

Goodness, Heidi! Even though it had snowed and it was cold out, you and Barry still went for your walk! And you met a neighbor, too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Heidi Walk 12/31/12

Heidi on her walk New Years Eve morning,cold again,in the low 20's,the roads were slushy all the way around Parkway Crescent and down the Avenue,still that way today so didn't walk,feet got a little mucky Sunday,we met a Boxer,the Boxer checked her out,Heidi tail went and she started to that and the Boxer got jumpy,lady,didn't have it on a leash,she got a pet from her.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Heidi Walk 1/5/13

Heidi on her walk today,was a little milder today.27F,a bit of slush and some snow at the side of the road,was hard for Heidi to find a spot to do her call of nature but she did in the end on the road,there is at least half a foot on all the lawns.We saw one person who was in a car our it was our provincial representative of government John O'Toole who lives on Parkway Avenue,he waved to us.Today,we didn't say anything about not going on a walk and she ended up staring at me to go,she follows me to the bedroom to get ready and off we go,other times we say it is wet out or too cold and she doesn't bother me about walking.the rest of the time she was down here resting,had her snacks at 11,supper around 2,had snacks and water tonight,had plays with the rubber ball and is now snoozing the chair beside me.

What's this I read? A day when Heidi is okay without going for a walk? Hmmm, Heidi, that's not like you. But I can see why Barry might have you skip a walk on a very cold day or when it is slippery outside. I bet you will be eager to go for a walk every day when the spring comes again. (I will too!)

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Blog Entries
    Heidi & Barry it is good to see you made it outdoors & are braving the cold. There is nothing like some good exercise out in the cool fresh air. Keep bundled up & moving to stay warm.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Heidi Walk 1/7/13

Heidi on her walk this morning,stopping to shake herself.It was a cold one today 14F during the walk,we were going by the school,buses were dropping off kids,Heidi saw them and wanted to go and greet them,I wanted to get going as it was cold and wanted to get home as soon as possible.She got up in the chair and kissed me,wanted to get going so got ready and took her on the walk.

Heidi's Walks 1/7/13,1/8/13 and 1/9/13

Heidi on her walk Monday wearing her coat,was cold,14F ,saw kids getting off the buses and wanted to go to them,told her it was cold and we went on our way,on yesterday's walk,was milder 32F,met a gentleman walking to to work and he said hi to us and on today's walk,was cooler today 23F so wore her coat,met Doreen's Olinski's neighbor Tilly,she said hi then further up the road,met the crossing guard,Heidi was in a hurry to see her and got a belly rub from her,was happy to get that.
    Last edited by fritz03; 01-14-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Heidi could not be cuter! I love her red plaid coat too. It's nice you put that pretty coat on her, just because she has a fur coat, doesn't mean she won't get chilly

Hi, Heidi! It's 12F in Chicago today although it is bright and sunny -- I hope it isn't that cold where you are!

Heidi's Walk 1/10/13,1/12/13 and1/14/13

Heidi on her walk Thursday morning,there was still snow on the ground,it was in the low 30's ,Buddy barked at us going by,Heidi on her walk Saturday afternoon,it rained in the morning was ion the mid 40's,saw and heard Buddy again,no walk yesterday,rain again and on today's walk going up Flett Street,no dogs on this one,it was around 32 F today.
    Last edited by fritz03; 01-17-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Heidi's Walks 1/15/13 and 1/16/13

Three pictures form Tuesday's walk,it was around 21F and wore her coat,all we saw were buses with kids being dropped off or the recycling trucks and on yesterday's walk,it was colder 21F,no pals on this one,Heidi did see 2 kids,I didn't want her jumping on them so we went on.No walk today,too cold 18F and the wind made it feel even colder,would have been too cold on her paws,maybe tomorrow..

Dear Heidi, we have really cold weather in Chicago today and I hope it is missing Bowmanville altogether so you can get out for a walk! Sending you gentle petting and hugs today because I bet you are enjoying your warm places, either the fireplace or your spot in the family room where the sun shines in

Heidi's Walk 1/19/13

Heidi on her walk Saturday,it was in the mid to high 30's on Saturday,had rain the night before.No walk on Sunday we had a brief storm come through early Sunday that I slept through,called thundersnow,saw videos on the weathernetwork website here and there is thunder,lightning,wind and snow with it,Mom heard it,I didn't,trees were down all over town,one up next to Mom's friend Doreen,branch broke off a tree and landed on the house,no damage,there house not far from the church that had trees down,one had 3 big Evergreens uprooted and another downed tree damaged an eavestrough near a school.,we just had small branches off ours,nothing major.Our red Maple out front is fine and so is the Norway Maple dad and I planted in 2006 is is in good shape,must have done a good job planting,trees that are bigger have been uprooted.No walk today or yesterday,too cold,9 F this morning,Heidi doesn't stay out long,comes right in.
    Last edited by fritz03; 02-13-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Heidi's Walk 2/13/13

Heidi on her walk this morning,was very happy to get out,her first walk in almost 4 weeks,either it has been cold snowy too,wet or too mucky but was dry today she didn't see any pals,we saw the owners of Hershey going in separate vehicles to work,both waved and then a lady in a beige van smiled at us just before going home.Heidi has been down her snoozing,had to go up and see what what Mom was doing,she had Tuna out,probably for sandwiches.Fairly mild today 28F,sun peeking out.

Blog Entries
    Four weeks is a long time to look out that window & watch winter go by. Heidi & Barry, I bet you really enjoyed your walk out in the fresh air. Count down 5 more weeks till Spring.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom