Thread: Bailey is very sick

Bailey is very sick

My dog is very sick and I am very afraid that he is not going to make it through the night.
    I took him to the vet yesterday and they said he had a raging infection. He is diabetic and
    was fine as late as thursday night. He didn't eat on friday but other than that he didn't seem
    sick. I decided to take him to the vet yesterday because it was the weekend and I wanted to
    make sure if there was anything wrong I could catch it early. Well, apparently I wasn't early
    enough because he is much worse today. He can't even walk today. I feel so bad, I don't
    know what else to do for him. I have sat most of the day with him wrapped up in a blanket.
    I hope its making him feel secure but I think i'm doing it more for myself because i'm so lost
    and broken up about this. He has always been so close to me and this is just killing me. I know
    I probably sound over dramatic but its the way I feel. They gave him fluids yesterday and an
    antibiotic that is supposed to work for two weeks. Please if you can pray for Bailey. I'm not
    ready to let him go.

Make sure he is drinking enough, and we will keep him in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Bailey. I hope he gets better.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm surprised if he was in such poor shape yesterday why the vet didn't suggest keeping him for overnight care and/or referring you to an overnight/ICU clinic?

Are there any emergency clinics in your area you can take him to if he declines overnight?

My thoughts are with you

facebook

I too was going to suggest you take him to an emergency vet now, rather than wait. Paws crossed and prayers from RI.

update on Bailey

Sadly , Bailey died last night. I am so sad and miss my little buddy so much.
    I don't have much else to say

Bailey's memorial thread is here.
    I've Been Frosted