Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad watching TV

Dad watching TV

Dad was watching TV the other night and asked me to take his photo. I couldn't get everyone to look at me, but that is Riley far left, Willy in Dad's lap, Crystal on the right. The 4 of them sat there over half an hour, lol. I see this scene regularly, though you would enjoy it.

Aren't they great?!

Very sweet. How nice for your dad to have all of those fur critters to comfort him.

I don't know if I've ever asked... How did Crystal get her name?

I am happy to see your dad has so much love & company. teehee. If it's like our house, he's never without either.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Nothing like lap warmers now that the rather is getting cooler! Any more, and he'd need sideboards for his lap!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Priceless! And I see that Willy is still Daddy's Boy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I don't know if I've ever asked... How did Crystal get her name?
    Crystal was born feral, a litter of 4. Some neighborhood boys took 2 of the kittens - before they were even weaned - and tried to sell them to make some money. They got $15 for the black and white male, but could not sell the female. So she languished in their house. The family already had a cat, a male who is indoor / outdoor. The mom did not bother to buy kitten food, and of course the unfixed male had no use for a kitten, so the wee one spent most of her time under the sofa. My next door neighbor (InLoveWithAnimals on here, Justin in real life) knew about her and came to visit us often, saw how I treated my cats. One day -- June 25, 2005 - he showed up at my door. I thought he was coming to visit again. When I opened the door, he had his wagon with a cover over it, and he picked up and showed me this wee kitten! Then he told me the story, and said he spoke to the mom and she said he could have her. No fee, she didn't want "the thing." And he brought it to me, as planned all along! So I asked him to name her, and he said Crystal.

Back then, she had ringworm on her head, just above the eyes. So I had to bathe her regularly, and leave the medicated shampoo on for 5 minutes (or whatever it was, I forget). So I'd wrap her in a towel and Dad would walk around holding her and talking to her, to keep her warm. She was quite underweight at this point, needless to say. I also had to phone the woman and let her know as most likely her boys had it too. She couldn't have cared less! She told me, "if you don't want her send her back." UGH! Anyway, this is how she became "Dad's cat," she really bonded with him. To this day, she flirts with him shamelessly, sleeps with him, snuggles with him, follows him around. It is very sweet to see.

Me? I am clearly her slave and nothing more, lol.

What I think is adorable is that your dad wanted his photo taken with all his friends! What fun!

Oh, what sweet family photos, Sandie! All the love that is shown in them.. God bless you all.

P.S., and we're SO glad that you got Crystal!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yes, he really does enjoy the pets here, lol.

Blog Entries
    How cute is your dad eh? Aww, very sweet photos. Loved them very much. So funny and cute

These are such cute pictures! How sweet of your dad to have you take photos of him with his dear buddies! I agree with Karen about the need for sideboards if anyone else tried to join them And they stayed together for a good long time! I agree with Phesina, all the love shown in the pictures. Papa Nonno and his three sweeties!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Great pictures and I also enjoyed reading Crystal's story too. I'm so glad that she found a way into your loving and caring home.

That's so cute! The way life should be.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Boy, do they ever know THEY'RE home! Dad don't need no bathrobe to keep him warm!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Boy, do they ever know THEY'RE home! Dad don't need no bathrobe to keep him warm!!
    He heee, so true. He will often call a pet over to his lap rather than get up for a sweater!