Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet my new fella...

Aww, I do hope this sweetie gets to trust you so he can get cleaned up and to the vet. Thanks so much for caring for little Sancho!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

What a sweetie he is. I too love the name Sancho. It does seem he is warming up to you, but you're wise not to lift him yet, or let him be close to Sophie.

You're safe now, Sancho and you'll have a wonderful future with your mom and step sister.

Thanks for caring, Astrid!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh my goodness, he is adorable. I do hope he will soon learn to love being petted and cared for. Thank you for taking care of Sweet Sancho.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Uh oh ....Chels took one look at Sancho and I swear she practically swooned. Since then she has been bugging me like crazy to let her visit her bfff Sophie....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

5. When I was a teenager we had a dog named Sancho. Sancho Panza - from Man of La Mancha! He was part German Shepherd and yellow just like your Sancho!

Besos y abrazos Sancho! Buena suerte en su hogar....y con Sophie!

What a beautiful boy Sancho is!!! I love orange and whites. Thank you for taking him in and making him part of your family.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Hi Sancho! Welcome to Pet Talk! What a gorgeous kitty you are. You don't ever have to be afraid again. Soon you'll find out that PT kitties get only the very best of everything. We'll never know what experiences you've had but don't worry, Astrid will protect you now - you can trust her. And don't worry about Sophie, Groucho and a few of the other kitties plan to talk to her about how much fun a brother can be. Then once you're all settled in, you can go on Catmobile trips!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Blog Entries

Awww

Yes, this fine cat looks a tad rough around the edges, sounds to me like you are showing kindness and dignity. Bless your heart, I figure with all your patience and care this fella will do just fine. SO much better than on his wee own, that's for bloody sure

Hi Astrid,
    How is Sancho doing? It's great to know he can count on food, fresh water and a place to come to be comfortable and warm. Groucho sends you lots of purrs, headbumpies and kitty kisses to thank you for helping his fellow kitty in need. Could I ask you to give Sophie lots of lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Aww, I do hope this sweetie gets to trust you so he can get cleaned up and to the vet. Thanks so much for caring for little Sancho!
    Agree agree agree!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi Astrid,
    How is Sancho doing? It's great to know he can count on food, fresh water and a place to come to be comfortable and warm. Groucho sends you lots of purrs, headbumpies and kitty kisses to thank you for helping his fellow kitty in need. Could I ask you to give Sophie lots of lovies from me?
    Hi! Lovies for Sophie delivered, thank you

I must report some progress with Sancho: he has a very sharp eating schedule and he asks for his food whenever he finds the plate empty! he has a cute little "meow! meow!" that sounds like a baby and knows that I'll put food for him and when I go out he doesn't run away anymore! He kept me company yesterday when I was doing the laundry, from a distance of course, but he stayed! Also, he's spending more time here, not only at night but during the day! When I came from work this week I found him three times taking a nap on his spot on the washing machine, and on Friday he came before it started to rain... he knows he has a safe place!

BUT I still can't touch him I tried to pet him but he closed his eyes and started to meow scared poor baby!
    Well, step by step. He knows he has a shelter and a human willing to obey so it's just a matter of time I guess.
    astrid

I'm so glad to hear that some progress is being made and that he now knows that he has a place to sleep and eat.

Astrid, how is Sancho doing? Is he still visiting you? Is he getting more comfortable with you, I hope so!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Astrid, how is Sancho doing? Is he still visiting you? Is he getting more comfortable with you, I hope so!
    Thank you for asking

Things were going well, Sancho came every day and I could pet him occasionally, I was very excited! but one morning when I was putting some food on his plate he attacked me, he gave me an ugly scratch on my foot I don't know why because I did nothing wrong, in fact I used to put food like that every time as he waited sitted on the washing machine. Two days after that he did it again, and this time he gave a scratch on my hand and from that day on he meows and looks at me in a threatening way, not in the sweet or begging way he had some days before that, so I'm worried to open the door when he's there.
    Now I only leave the food on the plate so that he finds it whenever he comes.

Also, he doesn't stay as often as he used to.

The day of the earthquake he was here, I was so worried about him and Sophie but when I came home I found them both in deep sleep, as if nothing had happened, thank God.
    astrid

Oh no. Maybe he is hurt? Can you borrow a live trap and get him to the vet that way, or ask the vet about a tranquilizer to put in his food?

I hope he can somehow get to a vet soon. Also, if those scratches start swelling get yourself to a doctor. Are you up-to-date on a tetanus shot?

Hugs and prayers for you and Sancho both.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda