Thread: Fister dripping blood

Hybrid View

Fister dripping blood

I have searched and read these two threads: http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.php?searchid=174062

Yesterday, Fister had been in his box to poop and when he came in, he dripped blood - only one time and not much. Then today, the same happened.

I'm feeding him Royal Canin's Mobility, and a bit of Sensitive as treats. He also gets a half a pouch of Whiskas in gele one or sometimes two times a day, I put some boiled water in and he only licks he water and gele, he doesn't eat the hard bits. Yesterday, I gave a little bit of Ducks liver, and today also.

During the week, he has been down in the yard three times and been chewing on some plants/grass. He eats, drinks, pees and poops like normal and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.

Oh, about a month ago, he lost a strip of hair on his tail, but that has almost grown back now.

I wonder if anything is wrong and i would appreciate hearing your opinions. I will also call the vet on monday, of course.

Will try to post a video of him from a few days ago - in another thread.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It can be some parasites like giardia or the likes which he can catch outside. I hope it is something that can be treated with antibiotics...

Thanks Barbara. Yes, it might be something not too bad. I do hope so.

Earlier today, while I vaccumed my bedroom, I put the laundry basket on the bed and Fister went right in to investigate - and yes, he did get out of the room when he had a chance.

Here he is on the bed, also today.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh dear I hope it is something simple and treatable. Poor Fister - it is so not fun to have to go to the vet however, things need to be checked sweetie . It may well be a parasite and there is medication available to help in that situation - good, healing thoughts coming your way dear boy .
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I know you must be so worried Randi! Hopefully it is not something serious. For a while Edwina would leave little blood droplets from her nose. When I was about to take her to the vet she sneezed a blade of grass out her nose.

So lets hope it is something like that...

Hopefully it is nothing serious!
    I've Been Frosted