Thread: Rest in Peace, Rex.

Rest in Peace, Rex.

I've shared pictures and stories of Rex before. I believe my friend who owned him even joined PT. She is my neighbor, one of my best friends and almost like a sister. I feel so awful. Today she put Rexy boy to sleep. I loved that dog, he was such a sweet dog. Such a gem of a dog. He didn't have a mean bone in his body. He was a lab mix. I always thought he had some cattle dog or something in him due to his paws. Maybe you guys remember when he ran away? I've been texting my friend all day. She is very sad. He was 12 years old, he had a huge tumor on his side that the Vets couldn't drain or anything 'cause he was too old and he just started goin' down hill.

I feel so bad, because I know it's the worst feeling. Rest in peace, Rex you were a great loved mutt, that's for sure!

I think I posted a thread years back when he ran away and we were looking for him for 6+ hours, man, he never did anything like that again! Smart boy.

Rest in peace, handsome boy!
    I've Been Frosted

Aw hugs to you and your friend. RIP Rex. For 12 years, he was a part of her life; perhaps she barely remembers a time without him. Yes it is always hard when they have to leave us. Best wishes at this difficult time.

RIP Rex, Godspeed to the Bridge, and Peace to your family on earth. You are loved and treasured.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Rest in Peace Rex. I'm sorry for your friend and for you Alyssa.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Rex looks like a cute pup. I'm so sorry for the loss.

RIP Rex
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks guys. I went to Wal-mart this morning and printed out about 10 photos I had of Rex and Buddy and got a nice frame to put them in. I surprised her outside with them. She teared up and she just really appreciated it. They are getting him cremated and their going to set up a nice little shelf for all his things in his honor.

Rex reminds me of my RB Cody. Sweet life at the bridge beloved boy

I'm so sorry for your friends loss. He sure was a handsome boy. RIP sweet Rex. You sure did a nice thing for your friend and now she'll be able to set up a very nice memorial for him.

He was such a handsome boy, and much, much loved. Hugs to your friend, and to you.

Farewell sweet boy. You were much loved and will be missed immensely - even by people who never knew you.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thank you guys, he is very missed. Kat told me today, Buddy (their shih tzu) was laying in Rex's normal spot. He hasn't gone a day in his life without Rex. Maybe like ...the 1st 8 weeks...and the days they both went missing, but other than that, no. I feel so bad for him.

13. Godspeed Rex, godspeed. What a peaceful looking boy you were. Gosspeed.