Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sparky-sad news #74

I am so sorry to come back to such a sad update. I hope there is more that can be done.

I'm so sorry Ellie. (((hugs)))
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I just saw your update. I am so sorry it seems that Sparky is nearing his end. I got tears reading about it. I wish I knew what to say other than "I'm sorry". I do understand how hard this is... and will be for you. My heart is sad for you all. You're in my prayers. Kay in NC

Oh dear, I know right where you are in this dark and scary hours..it's horrible to know what you dont want to know. I hope there is something that can help little Sparky and you..I'll say a little prayer .. for you and your babies.. (hugs) Just love on him all you can for as long as you can. xo

I'm so sorry, Ellie. Prayers for all of you.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hate roller coasters, but I'm on one and can't seem to get off, no matter how hard I try.

And Sparky is still here with me!!

After him being half dead yesterday morning and the night before, he started looking a little more alert around noon, so I thought I'd try to get him to eat something. I had to play the "meatball game" with him - make little meatballs out of his food and hand it to him - but he ate a little. Then about an hour later he ate about a quarter of one of my yogurt cups. Well - that was sure better than nothing - and he was looking somewhat better, but I still wasn't all that optimistic. Then around dinner time I tried more meatballs, and he ate what would be the normal amount he would eat, and then had some more yogurt. Before bed he ate his evening snack too.

His breathing thru out the day was erratic. First he would be breathing somewhat normal, and then he would be puffing like a steam engine and it seemed like his little heart would burst right out of his chest, then it would be so shallow, I'd have to look real carefully to make sure he was actually breathing. This went on most of the day.

I had held off calling for a vet appointment for him to see how it went thru the night, and then I would know more of what to do this morning. I was prepared for the worst of course. When we first went to bed he had a little cough, then a huffing and puffing episode, but then he settled down and I didn't hear a peep out of him the rest of the night.

This morning he ate his regular small breakfast, and then at lunch - his regular big meal of the day - he ate most all of that too. Still, I decided he needed to see his vet, so I got him appointment for late this afternoon. After I relayed to her all that has been going on, she really can't give a definitive answer as to what happened. The seizure like episodes probably aren't really seizures in the true sense of the word, but more like fainting or near fainting episodes caused by lack of oxygen to the brain and/or muscles. The yelping with them could be because they are uncomfortable like a muscle spasm. He could have something else going on besides the heart issue, but just blood tests won't show much, and he cannot withstand extensive testing. He could also possibly have a bacterial infection - he does have bad teeth - so she put him on an antibiotic just in case.

So I don't have any answers, but he is better for now anyway. He's not exactly a bundle of energy, but he's much, much better than yesterday. He only had one little coughing episode today, so that's a plus, and it seems that the increased med doses are working for now anyway. Doc said all we can do is take it a day at a time, and of course she's right.

Thank you all for your concern, and I'm sorry I pushed the panic button, but I truly didn't think he would make it thru this time. If you could have seen his condition, you would have thought the same.

Yup - one stressful day at a time..............

Please keep Sparky in your prayers, since I really believe they played a positive part in his rally.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I admit I was stunned to read "Sparky is still here with me!"

Maybe the antibiotic will help calm things down, if there is something more happening.

Gentle cuddles for both your fuzzbutts. And hugs to you.

My Goodness! Sparky is still here; he must be a tough little feller and have the heart of a lion. This "up and down" must be very difficult for you and Sparky. Hope Myndi is doing ok. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Omg Pom-- I am so sorry I missed your post about Sparky getting so much worse, but when I came to your last post I gave a sigh of relief that he seems to be doing better. Sorry that I'm not on as much as before, I would have cried to read that Sparky was gone. I know how tough it is when they come to this point. Sparky sounds like my daughter's dog, I can't count the times we thought the end was here and she lived over a year like that. That little dog didn't just go to sleep like my daughter was wishing-- the day came when she had to take her in and that was the hardest thing she ever did. We always wish they would go quietly in their own bed in their sleep but it never seems to happen. I hope Sparky is still doing well and that you're holding out okay. I'll keep you both in my prayers and try to check here evey day to keep on top of things.
    He's one tough little guy, he'll hang in there for as long as it's possible.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I continue to pray for your little guy. Watching our little loved ones health fail is so hard.

Every day is such a blessing and a treasure that you will remember forever. {{Hugs}} to you all.

Continued prayers for Sparky...
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks everyone.

Sparky is still holding his own and a little more energetic, tho not much. He's coughed hardly at all, which of course is good, but his appetite isn't all that great, but at least he's eating enough to where I'm not overly concerned with that at this point. He did kind of give me a scare this morning tho - I woke up at 7 a.m. and both he and Myndi were still asleep, which is quite a rarity since they usually start stirring and wanting to go out between 5 and 6. Could hardly believe that I actually had to wake them both up!

So now I look for as good, or better day tomorrow. Here's hoping..................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Only just got to read this just now, with tears, a smile, tears, a smile. Sending continuing prayers, love and positive thoughts for your little Sparky and big hugs for you.

I'm so glad to hear that Sparky is still here. I hope that he'll continue to do well and also eat better. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I'm so glad to read that Sparky has taken a turn for the better! Please give him a kiss on his wee head for me! Prayers continue.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21