Thread: what is the best cat food

Hybrid View

what is the best cat food

ive been feeding my cats purina is there something better than that i dont feel like its the best for my cats amd is wet food bad for them i only want the best for my babies

In my opinion, cats should be fed both dry and canned food every day. Many cats don't drink enough water so the canned will help give them the added moisture that they need. I also believe in feeding cats grain free food. There are many different brands and price ranges now. I currectly feed my cats Merrick's Before Grain Chicken dry and Wellness grain free chicken & turkey canned food. Good luck with your search.

I feed primarily wet food and I should give up giving them dry. Go to this vet's website for why cats should not be fed dry food. Even the cheapest canned is better than the most expensive dry food. www.catinfo.org This is my bible for cat care!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Cat's definitely should have a balance of wet and dry. Wet food, in my understanding is better for them than dry.

As for types though, honestly, the whole thing just gets me confused. I feel like there are strong opinions out there about certain ingredients and such, but no proof. I will be getting cats soon and I have no idea what kind of food I will end up feeding them. My old cat lived to 19 years old on no particular cat food - Just whatever was on sale. She was very healthy her entire life. So a part of me is sceptical about what some people say about cat food ingredients.

It's hard because people will say their cat developed a problem from their food, which could very well be true, but it doesn't mean all cats will get sick from the cheaper foods out there. Every cat is different, just like humans. Not all humans can eat the same foods due to allergies or intolerances. Cats, I think are much the same.

My cats are on Purina One dry (which is what we feed at the shelter where I volunteer) and Friskies wet (1/8 of a can each day). I'm sure there is better food out there for them, but they are happy, healthy and are maintaining good weight. I will not change it unless I have to.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

My Cats are on Purina One Dry, and Canned.
    Scrappy Two insists on Whiskas Pouches, and they love the Science Diet, especially Jo Jo the Wonder Kitten
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS