Thread: Whiskas vs. Friskies Gravy Lovers

Whiskas vs. Friskies Gravy Lovers

I have been buying the Friskies Gravy Lovers in the pouch for a couple years now. Over the weekend I was out shopping with my daughter and remembered I needed to grab wet food for the cats. We were at Tractor Supply and they just happened to have a case of the Whiskas pouches. I couldn't tell how much gravy was in them but I thought I would give it a try.

Well, the cats loved the Whiskas, especially Buddy. The first night I gave them tuna and white fish or something like that and they all ate every bit of it! With the Friskies they usually lick the gravy off of the mystery meat and leave the meat in the bowl.

Last night Buddy at all of his and proceeded to go and clean out the other two cats' bowls! I put one of them up because sometimes he will eat too much and then puke later. He found the 3rd bowl I had put up on the table and jumped up and ate that one too.

If they continue to eat the Whiskas like they have been I won't be throwing half of it out every night.

Anyone else feed the Whiskas?

As with the dogs, I feed a high quality grain free food for my cats. They were on Taste of the Wild for a few years, until the shortage earlier this year. Currently they are on Earthborn Holistics. If you have issues with hairballs, I highly recommend you upgrade your food!

For wet food, I buy Weruva, Tiki Cats or Fussie Cat. Those are all grain free. I don't use any formulas with gravy, as that seems to just go right through them. I prefer the ones in a gel / consomme, as that seems to hold the fluid in them better. And with Sparkle having CRF, she needs to hold all the fluids she can.
    Last edited by Freedom; 09-12-2012 at 07:10 PM.

I don't feed either to my cats; I consider stuff like that 'junk food'. Lots of flavour and crap nutrition. In Canada certain cat foods, even commercial ones, will carry a Cdn vet approved symbol on the cans or bags.

Like other junk - for a treat, not regular feeding.

JMO
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cassie: "Pouch? Gravy? Yes, please! Yummy noms!" She loves those little pouches. She doesn't like the Meow Mix cups with the foil tops, though. With those she does lick up the juice and leave the solids behind.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Cassie: "Pouch? Gravy? Yes, please! Yummy noms!" She loves those little pouches. She doesn't like the Meow Mix cups with the foil tops, though. With those she does lick up the juice and leave the solids behind.
    Buddy says he will send Cassie a pouch. Which flavor does she like?

I buy Whiskas Pouches as My Scrappy Two will not eat anything else!!
    I like the new Friskies Indoors as they have vegetables mixed in, and My Found and Porch Cats just love them.
    Along with Nutro Max and Purina One Canned
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I figure the Whiskas is better than them living outside and eating whatever they can kill for themselves.

If I had just one cat I could afford the more expensive but for now they seem to like the Whiskas pouches and Purina One Natural dry.

I have tried the better dried cat foods and they wouldn't touch the stuff. They even went as far as to pick out the Blue Buffalo pieces and eat the others.

I do not like the food with gravy (not that I eat it ). I give my cats Friskies seafood flavors in Pate style.

Yes it is junk food (that's what my vet calls it too) but that's why mine only get 1/8 of a can each day. I wouldn't give wet food at all, but had started it with Taz when he got sick and it's kinda stuck. Plus now that I'm hearing it's better for them to get water through wet food, I don't feel so bad.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I do not like the food with gravy (not that I eat it ). I give my cats Friskies seafood flavors in Pate style.

Yes it is junk food (that's what my vet calls it too) but that's why mine only get 1/8 of a can each day. I wouldn't give wet food at all, but had started it with Taz when he got sick and it's kinda stuck. Plus now that I'm hearing it's better for them to get water through wet food, I don't feel so bad.
    My 3 split one pouch for dinner. They look forward to it.

I had the same situation where I had never given wet food until a previous cat had a urinary issue and the vet said to feed it.

I haven't fed "junk" food to my cats in years. It's expensive with multiple cats and I am far from wealthy, but they are worth it. Ming gets FLUTD attacks if I feed him anything but high quality grain-free food (Wilderness or Wellness). Mac has just been diagnosed with hyperthyroid so cheap cat foods are a big no-no for him. But, if your cats are doing good on them, what's the harm?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!