Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sparky-sad news #74

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Sparky-sad news #74

My little guy isn't doing very well, and I'm afraid that the CHF is winning. I had both The Fuzzbuttz to the vet last week for their rabies vaccines, and a good check up, and doc increased Sparky's heart med to try to help his heart function. She didn't want to increase the Lasix since he's already at a high dose. But the coughing continues and his breathing is somewhat more labored than it was. Then at 3 a.m. Thursday morning, he woke me - he was having a seizure - yelping, went stiff and lost bladder control. It was quite short and only lasted about 15 seconds - but a seizure is a seizure. He settled back down and went back to sleep - but of course that was the end of my sleep. Doc isn't in on Thursdays, so I couldn't call her, and I just kept an eye on him all day. He was pretty much back to normal, other than the coughing. Then this morning we got up at 6 a.m. as usual, and when he woke up he headed for the kitchen as usual for a big drink of water. I was carrying Myndi and heading for the back door when he had a really big coughing spell and then he stopped, and I thought he was right behind me. He wasn't - he had fainted by his water bowl - but no seizure even tho he lost bladder control again. I freaked - put Myndi down and went to him and by then he was conscious but limp. I picked him up and carried him outside, and he just stood where I put him down - dazed! I sat outside with them for a few minutes, and then brought them inside and he was starting to come back around, tho still groggy. He didn't want anything to eat, so I just let him be. I put a call in to his vet, and she told me to cut back the med she increased and to let her know on Monday how he's doing. He's back to himself and is back to eating, and has hardly coughed all day, but every time he does, I watch him like a hawk. She said it's not that common to have seizures with CHF, but not unheard of, and the fainting is pretty common after stress - and he did have a very bad coughing episode, so I can understand that.

Needless to say - I'm a wreck. I'm afraid to leave him alone right now - and I haven't left the house all day. I know that the CHF is going to take him someday - but as much as I know this - I'm just not ready! Please - say some PT prayers for my sweet little Sparky!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 10-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

He will be in our prayers, poor fuzzbutt!
    I've Been Frosted

Will keep good thoughts and prayers for Sparky and you.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Aww, poor boy. Will keep him in my thoughts. Get better, Sparks!

Prayers on the way!

Sparky will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Of course I'm sending up prayers for both of you. Hang in ther Pom, the little fellow has a lot of spunk, he might come through this bad spell once more. I certainly will pray for it.
    It could be a reaction to the rabies shot at his age and his condition.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Prayers of course; Ellie, please let me know if you need me to do anything.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh No, I am so sorry to hear about Sparky. It doesnt sound good, does it? I know you are worried sick about him. Poor little fella, I do hope he will be alright. It is so stressful when our furbabies are sick. Prayers are going up for all of you. Try to get some rest yourself, ok?

Prayers and good thoughts for you and Sparky.

Prayers from RI for Sparky and for his mom as well. It is not easy to watch them as they age. Hugs to you, Ellie.

I do wonder if that first one WAS a seizure. Perhaps he has a blood clot? That would make more sense I think, from what little I know of his condition. Perhaps cutting back on the meds will sort that out and then the doc can try adjusting something else to help with the cough.

Big big big prayers for Sparky, Myndi and mom!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers for Sparky from all the me and all the fuzzybutts here. Will also keep you in my prayers as you go through this tough time with your little one. Seeing them sick is so hard.

Ellie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I got LES by reading your post so I can only imagine what you're going through. Yes, it's so hard to watch our pets age. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Sparky's way. Please give him a huge hug for me. Take care. (((HUGS)))

Just seeing this Ellie. Am sending many prayers up for Sparky. (hugs)
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla