Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kirby is going to the vet today

Many more prayers headed Kirbys way. Get better little guy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Prayers are definitely on the way for Kirby. It's just so darn frustrating when a cause can't be found for the issues, and of course they can't talk and give any clues either.

Come on Kirby - get better. Your Mom is so worried about you. Hang in there Robin - and {{{huggs}}} for you and gentle cuddles for Kirby.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 09-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Just catching up on this thread. Oh my, Kirby, not feeling well, are you fella? Sending you gentle cuddles and healing prayers from RI.

I'm so sorry to hear that he's still not doing well. Do you think that he could be allergic to something in his diet? Could he maybe have IBD? My RB cat Storm kept throwing up his food so I also kept taking him to the vet. He was finally diagnosed with small intestinal disease which is a form of IBD. His folate levels were very low so I had to give him supplements for 6 weeks. He was put on prednisolone in the morning and pepcid at night and he never had any more vomiting issues. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Thank you all so much for the good wishes. The 4 vets at the office have conferred and are just baffled by this. He's had pancreatitis before, but this came on so suddenly and Woofie had a small bout of the same thing. We did find that Kirby seems to react badly to the Science Diet I/D food. The stuff they recommend for dogs with touchy tummies. Go figure.

He's currently taking metronidazole, prednisone and a nutritional supplement twice a day.

Keeping my fingers crossed. He's made it for the last 36 hours without vomiting. It seems to be one meal/one day at a time with him.

Hmmm, since another one of your dogs also had something similar, then I would look at the ingredients in the food that you're feeding them. There have also been so many recalls on pet food lately too. In my opinion, Science Diet food isn't good at all even the Veterinary diets. I'm really surprised that none of the vets mentioned that this could be a diet related thing. How is Woofie doing now? Was he put on meds too?

Woofie only had a short bout of whatever it is. So he only took a short course of antibiotics.

When we put Kirby back on his regular food his tummy seemed to settle a bit. So far, Kirby is doing well - again. He'll be on prednisone for 12 days and a much longer course of antibiotics. I'm just hoping this time it works. He looked a little more like himself on Sunday.