Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Been To Ny?

Has Anyone Been To Ny?

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT NY IS LIKE?

No I have never been to New York! But I would like to someday. Are you only 8 years old Alysha?

From all the cities I've been to, NYC is the best. It is so huge, it's hard to even visualise. It's my mother's hometown, and we'd often visit it as children. I never felt like anyone was mean or unfriendly there in all my visits. The whole city has this electrical buzz about it. Very energetic, and always going, going, going. You can do just about anything you want at any time of the day or night.

I went to New York a few years ago and LOVED it! You really must visit it when you get older, you'll really like it. I also love San Francisco, although it's smaller, it has a lot of the same "city-buzz".
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I think I was 14 when I visited NY with my family. We also went to Washington DC.

WOW!! It was so much fun.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by sammi
    No I have never been to New York! But I would like to someday. Are you only 8 years old Alysha?
    YES

Yep. I visit New York everyday. I live there .
    PS-Glad everyone likes it there!! I sure do! But not as much as Alaska!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I went to NYC this summer for the first time. I had a blast, I ran all around the town. I don't think I would ever want to live there because it's too big for me. I don't like apartments, I love living in a house. But I want to go back this summer if I can afford it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I've been to New York! I wouldn't want to live there though. Good for a visit, but too big of a city for me. I don't like big cities. Too conjusted and well, doesn't feel like home. Wow Alysha! You're sooooooooooo young!

I would never want to live in the city either. I have been the NYC a bunch of times, but I could never live there. I live out on Long Island in a small quiet town. But I could never deal with an apartment after growing up in a big house and stuff. It is beautiful out on Montauk Point, but I think everyone comes to New York for the city and not for the islands and beaches. A bunch of my friends and I went to Montauk Point and we were climbing all the rocks! Boy it was a blast! But you wanna know the best part about NYC? SHOPPING!!!! Bloomingdales, JC Penney, Macy's, etc! OMG it is so fun to shop there! But there are lots of great plays like Phantom of the Opera(yes I have seen many) on Broadway. And great resteraunts like Chrilie-O's. It is fun to go there and hang out, there is so much to do! We usually do our Christmas shopping in this giant Toys R Us store! I cannot even tell you how great New York is, but I love all the states! In fact, my dream is to go to every single state in the USA and even the islands and territories! Here's where I have been so far:
    New York
    Massachussetts
    New Jersey
    South Carolina
    Virginia
    Florida
    Pensylvania
    The Bahamas

But of course it is a long journey!

NYC is beautiful! Before I moved to Michigan, my daughter Amy and I would take the train into NYC from CT. We'd get a hotel room and walk all around the city from the time we get there till around 11 p.m. There is SO much to see there. I didn't go to Ground Zero though. I just couldn't at that point as it was all so new (we went 6 months after it happened). When I was 13, my godmother began taking me there for my birthday. We'd stay over in a hotel with a pool. We'd shop all day long, have a celebratory dinner. THOSE were the good old days.

The museums are awesome. I went and saw the Versacci (sp?) exhibit. All the mannequins had black sacks over their heads. It was very eerie. I also saw the gemstone exhibit. And the city at night is just as exciting. There are the broadway shows, the coffee houses with little tables on the sidewalks. You absolutely HAVE to get there! You will know what I mean.
    Last edited by moosmom; 11-20-2002 at 08:22 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I've never been there but ever since my Junior Year in High School I've thought it would be really cool to go! It seems like such an exciting city. But I agree with most of you when you said htat you wouldn't want to live there. I can deal with city life, infact I would enjoy it, but that is too big of a city. Many the suburbs wouldn't be so bad, but I could definately not live in that city!

We were there in 1983 . NY is a busy city , noweone seems to go to bed there . We loved Manhattan very much ; we were there during 3 days ; We also visited the WTC ...! So sorry that these special buildings are gone now ...

Don and I visited New York in 1995 - and I STILL want to go back - it's wonderful. The city that never sleeps fits it so well.
    The people were so friendly - the shops great - the food wonderful. All the sight seeing is very tiring - but so worth it.
    Going to Ellis Island had me in tears.
    You've got lots of time to visit Alysha - I'd always wanted to visit and only made it when I was an old married lady!!

Lynne

Yeah I love Ellis Island! I have gone there like, I think four times. I've been to Yankee Stadium(though I despise the Yankees, no offence to anyone), but not Shea. My dad won' take me cause he hates the Mets(again, no offence anyone). But I went to the Statue of Liberty like 2 times, and one time I climbed the stairs al the way up! But the next time I did not because it was WAY too humid and I was about to melt, while everyone else thought it was cold! But I really want to go to Alaska! My mom said we cannot go because each ticket costs like $800 and that is a lot of money for 4 people! But I know you have all heard that oh so boring Alaska sory so I'll move on here.. Oh, to tell anyone who ever wants to go to New York, come to Long Island! It has such wonderful beaches! Of course I personally have never swam in it because I HATE water(except drinking kind). But it is really nice out here! But don't come to Bayport, it's really boring! Alyshya, are you planning to go to New York?