Thread: Thankful

Thankful

I've been thinking about this for a while but don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I don't really talk to any of my friends anymore because they never invite me anywhere and post pictures on FB of everyone else hanging out but me. They talk about other friends behind their backs and frequently say how annoying it is when one friend talks about her dog all the time. They obviously aren't pet people. They also didn't even call me to see if I was ok after I lost Josie and my cat, Kiba. They were my life, and I loved them more then anything. I lost them with in 2 months of each other and it was almost unbearable. I didn't think I'd love another dog. I just thought even if they weren't big animal people they'd still understand? One friend lost her cat and was upset for 1 day then was perfectly fine and didn't care anymore. I lost both my girls over a year ago and my heart still aches.

I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for my sweet Clover. I don't know where I'd be without her. I don't even talk about her much to my friends cause I know they don't care, but sometimes I wish I had someone who I could share stories with that actually cares. Like how silly she is. She makes me laugh every day. For example, she hates the rain. I let her out to pee this morning (pouring rain) and she didn't like it so she hid her head under the BBQ to keep it dry and just sat there looking very pathetic and cute. I love how she's still very much a pup. She loves to play with her toys and be goofy and run around like crazy. She can always make me smile and be happy no matter how depressed I am. I'm so thankful for her. I'm kinda afraid that by speaking this out loud it will some how cause some negative effect :/

Anyway I know this is a silly thread. I just really needed to share with people who know how much a dog can mean to someone. I feel bad for people who don't have dogs or don't know how much love and happiness they can bring into your life. I love my girl so much

I've been working in blueberry fields for a couple weeks now. I've been taking her with me for company. (she loves blueberries btw) I have a bunch of pictures I'll show later. They keep the berries in big 60 lb bins (weigh about 300-400 lbs once filled with berries) They're pretty big. 2 were stacked up on top of each other and Clover put her front paws up on them but couldn't reach her mouth in to get anything...so she decided to jump all the way into the bin and help herself I couldn't help but laugh but I'm glad no one saw because I'm sure I'd be in trouble for that I think one of the workers is afraid of dogs. He keeps asking if she'd bite. She's really friendly though. But he said her eyes look mean. Never heard that one before!

Anyway thanks for reading to my boring story I'm just glad someone out there understands how much she means to me! I wish I had friends around here who loved dogs as much.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sowa View Post
    sometimes I wish I had someone who I could share stories with that actually cares.

Anyway I know this is a silly thread. I just really needed to share with people who know how much a dog can mean to someone. I feel bad for people who don't have dogs or don't know how much love and happiness they can bring into your life. I love my girl so much

Anyway thanks for reading to my boring story I'm just glad someone out there understands how much she means to me! I wish I had friends around here who loved dogs as much.
    You do have the folks here on PT to share with, and no, this is not a silly thread, nor is it a boring story. Here on PT, we DO understand how much Clover means to you. And the best part is, we are here 24 / 7.

I'm sorry you haven't yet found friends in the real world who are big animal lovers. It takes time, but they ARE out there. And otherwise, we have to "compartmentalize" our lives, and stick to certain topics with certain groups. I have friends with children and man oh man do I get tired of hearing about the kid stories. One or 2 is fine but the whole conversation drives me around the twist! Of course, if I HAD kids, I'd be sharing too! So it depends on our time in life, and that always changes. This does not mean you will love Clover less; it means you grow and have more interests, not just 1. This makes us more well rounded characters.

I don't have much time for folks who don't "get it" about animals, either.

That is a nice pic of Clover you have attached. I can just imagine her in a bin of blues! OH MY te heee. No, probably not allowed as they are meant for human consumption and a dog sitting in them would mean that whole bin had to be disgarded. Glad no one saw her!

Dear Clover, I am so glad you can go to work with your person! ((((HUGS)))) for Clover and Sowa!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh sweetie, come here and talk to us about Clover. I love hearing about her! I was the same as you when I had Casey and Maggie before her. I talked about Maggie all the time before we had our kids. I would say those gals are not your friends if they do not want to hear about what is important to you in your life.

Clover is a silly girl getting into the blueberry bin. Did she get all blue?

Hang in there.

Actually yeah she had some blue on her paws after that Thankfully they hadn't gone through cleaning yet. The berries in the bin are covered in dirt and stuff anyway.

Glad you two didn't get in trouble! Hey, for the guy who is afraid of her, you should take him aside, and give him a couple little treats, and tell him to tell her sit, paw, etc. and give her a treat after each one, so he can see what a well-trained dog she is, and not be as afraid!
    I've Been Frosted

I do not have children and most of my friends do. My thought is if they can tell endless stories about their children (and usually I don't mind) then I can tell stories about my dogs. One good thing is that most of these friends also have pets.
    But yes, sometimes I do need to consider the crowd and know when it is appropriate to talk about my animals. I have a friend that I use to work with that is deathly afraid of ALL animals. But she'd listen to my stories and ask me how they were doing if they were sick or injured. I thought that was nice of her.

Don't you worry about coming here and talking to us. I love to hear stories and see pictures of the beautiful Clover girl.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I rarely talk about her to my friends. Whenever she said it was annoying this other girl talks about her dog I sorta felt that was directed at me too. The thing I don't get is she talks about art and drawing all the time and this comic she's working on. I don't really care much about it either but I show interest and ask questions because I know it's important to her. I sorta feel I should get the same respect. Like, they know how special she is to me so maybe try to understand? I remember telling a story about Kiba and she just kept looking away awkwardly like she didn't want to listen :/

I don't have kids either, but I have a friend who does. I don't even like kids but I do my best to show interest in the child even though I'm uncomfortable. I just feel that friends should try to accept the others interests even if it doesn't always interest them...I know there is a limit like if I talked all the time about Clover (or my friend about her child) that it would get annoying. But I think in small amounts they should try to understand :/ I'm not sure if I'm over reacting or not. I asked one friend if she wasn't interested in my friendship anymore because I'm not happy with how it is. I explained my situation and how I felt badly when they talk negatively about others all the time. She replied with "Do whatever makes you happy" and "How you feel about the group is how you feel" which makes me think she's really not interested. She's getting married sometime this month, and I was invited. I really don't think I want to go...what do you think? Am I over reacting? I know they talk about me behind my back. And no one ever invites me anywhere....I'm surprised I got invited to the wedding honestly. I guess she had no excuse for that like "You're not on FB so you weren't invited" Hm. You guys have my number and address :/

Grr. I say all this about her and I go upstairs to find my last pair of (semi nice/expensive) sandals chewed up.....she ate my cheaper pair too. I have a hard time finding shoes to fit my narrow feet.

/not thankful.

I can't look at her because I know I'll instantly not be mad at her lol.

oh Hon, Sometimes life seems a bit unfair and it seems as if nobody cares or understands... but we care here. I'm not an expert and I'm sure I'm much older than you but as time passes, you will find real friends who understand you and your love of dogs, especially Clover. Your "friends" sound a bit self centered imo. I've never understand people who didnt like dogs or cats because I've always liked/loved them. Our pets are so easy to talk to and be with and they always accept you no matter what.

I dont have children but everybody who knows me knows that I love my pets and when my Luke cat died last month, they were genuinely sympathetic because they knew how much he meant to me. When little Sissy had to have emergency surgery my friends were very concerned. When my friends talk about their grown children or grandchildren, I listen and comment and then I usually tell something about one of my pets and we just laugh together. You just hang in there and things will get better.