Thread: Phortunate Phoenix

Phortunate Phoenix

What a lucky little boy he was that you happened along!! And thank you for rescuing him and giving him a loving home. I'm sure he has repaid you a million fold!!!!!!!
    BTW - hello from Ottawa as well!!!!!!!

Precious Phoenix

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Phoenix!

What a handsome boy you are! Your black white coat is simply beautiful, and your face so cute with the black dot on your chin and that cute pink nose. You also have stunning green eyes.

Reading your story had me sitting on pins and needles - what a start in life you had! You must have been so scared, sitting there all alone with your head stuck in the fireplace, without food or water.

How lucky that your family came by and rescued you. Thank you so much to them for making an effort to free you. At first, they intended to take you to a shelter, but they fell in love with you… of course!

You have now been with your family for fourteen years, and I can see you thrive and are loved very much. Seeing your adorable pictures it looks as if you have a perfect and spoiled life, just as you deserve! And you have had six other cats to play with while growing up.

Enjoy a day of fun, playtime and celebration, get pampered with extra treats today, and lots of snuggle time. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetheart!

You are precious!!

Enjoy watching the birds and squirrels!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Phoenix

Wonderful story and beautiful kitty!

Hello, Phoenix in Canada! Happy Cat of the Day!

You are such a handsome fellow with your green eyes, your plush black and white fur! Your people rescued you and were going to get you to a shelter, but they decided to adopt you ❤️ PURR-fect!

Dearest Phoenix, a.k.a. "the Feenster," "the boy," and "the Mattawa boy," what a good-looking guy you are! `A Purrrfect Tuxedo with that soft-looking black and white fur and that sweet face with the black goatee and the lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us.. You are adorable in every one of them, and how well they show off your delightful Purrrsonality! I wish I could reach through the screen and across the river and up to Ottawa to pet you, and pet any kitty housemates, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you for me .

And what an amazing, uplifting, heartwarming story you have to tell! You were trapped in a fire ring in a camp site at a provincial park. By pure fortune, your Purrrents-to-be were walking around the campground and happened to see your head sticking out from the fire ring. Then they saw you were alive, and they worked very hard and very long to finally extract you from the ring, and God bless them and God bless you! They took you back to their site, cleaned you up, and gave you some food and water. They tried to find your owner but no one had reported a lost kitten. Then they were going to take you to the nearest humane society, then the one back home in Ottawa, and then.. as they arrived home, they had you checked by the vet with the idea of keeping you! You passed the health checkup and were given the name Phoenix, since you had risen from the ashes of that fire ring. And HOME you went!

You and your dear Purrrents have now been together for 14 years! We give them great thanks for rescuing you and bringing you home. They say you are "the most engaging and adorable of the seven cats we"ve owned over the years we"ve been married." You and they and your kitty housemates all love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Phoenix, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and kitty housemates and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Phoenix the Survivor!

Greetings, Phoenix, a.k.a. "Feenster," the "boy" the "Mattawa boy"! Happy Cat of the Day to you!

What a beautiful boy you are, Phoenix, what an AMAZING, life affirming (not to mention nail biter of a homecoming story) is yours, Phoenix! I was on the edge of my seat, wondering just how you were extricated from that fire ring. But alas, success!

We spent the next few minutes unsuccessfully trying various techniques to extract the kitten"s head from the fire ring - including smearing it"s head with butter to "ease" it out. Finally, we realized that if we pinned the ears back and twisted the head in just a certain way we might be able to get it unstuck. And it worked!
    Talk about the proverbial Phoenix rising from the ashes!!! We are SO thankful to your mommy and daddy for their heroics, their never relenting efforts to free you from that fire ring, mostly certainly saving you from death that stormy night!

There is no question that if we had not found and extracted this young animal it would have perished overnight from exposure or predation by other animals in the park.
    And of course your mom and dad were unable to surrender you! The bond you and they forged that fateful night sealed the deal, and the rest is happy history...14 years of shared unconditional love and unwavering devotion! How well your humans' heroics and compassion have been rewarded, having been blessed with a furkid, a loving companion, a furry soul mate as special as you!

Endless thanks to your daddy for sharing your heartwarming story of rescue with us, along with all of those heart-melting photos! Meeting you and your family has been the perfect grace note to my long and tiring day! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, beautiful boy, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your BIG heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Phoenix, our very special and most deserving Catof the Day, EVERY day! Love to all of your kitty siblings, too!

LOVE this one!

Last edited by tatsxxx11; 03-26-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Really happy story about Phoenix and his awsome rescue! And they all lived happily ever after, made my day. Thanks, really had a lousy day... much better now. Huge loads of love to Phoenix and his awsome peeps! 😸 🤜🏻🤛

Dear Phoenix, what a handsome black and white shorthair boy you are. You are so soft looking and you have the sweetest face with those green eyes and that goatee. I especially love your stubby tail.
    You are truly a lucky kitty. Not only were you rescued from certain death that fateful night, at the same time, you also found your forever family.
    And now it has been 14 years, and you are still going strong, enjoying life to the fullest.
    Phoenix, you are special in every way, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congratulations Phoenix!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

This is a great story. What a pair of heroes! Thanks for rescuing Phoenix and sharing him with us. I am just imagining how this little guy must have felt when you finally got him free of his trap. I love a happy ending. Thanks for sharing your story.