Thread: Can I ask you for a huge favour? (Music Video Award Nomination - LAST CHANCE TODAY!)

Can I ask you for a huge favour? (Music Video Award Nomination - LAST CHANCE TODAY!)

First of all, so sorry for not being around much lately; Luna and Lily are saying "hi" (I guess some of you will remember "the Girls" I had posted a long update on them, with many pics included, but unfortunetaly, the thread got lost when the server crashed. )

Not much going on here in my part of the world, but in early 2016, I had the chance to work on a music video which was - in parts - filmed and later produced in my hometown. I was filming a great deal of the footage, rendering many of the scenes, adding some special effects and such ... it was fun and really exciting when it had been released later in 2016, especially since I really liked the song and the band. The girl in the video is my nephew's gf, btw, a young actress from my hometown.

Now something has happened I never expected: The video has been nominated for the 2017 Progressive Music Awards! Really can't believe this since it's the only zero-budget production in the voting, so I wanted to ask you all if you could do me a favour and vote for Shadowborn by Gandalf's Fist. That would be awesome and very, very appreciated, so thank you very much in advance!

Here's the link (voting ends on August, 23rd, btw, so there are only 10 days left now):
    http://2017.prog.awards.teamrock.com...eo-of-the-year

Oh, and if you like to watch the video, it's here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_EwY7tabw
    Last edited by Kirsten; 08-22-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Good to see you again, Kirsten! The video and the music is great - very well done! Congratulations!

I hope it leads to more.

Btw,listen to this one? I think you'll like it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPhHRDJ4TM

See also "Time for Bedlam" and the "Vincent Price" video.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Good to see you again, Kirsten! The video and the music is great - very well done! I hope it leads to more.

I'l try to vote for it.

Btw, have you heard this one? I think you'll like it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPhHRDJ4TM

See also "Time for Bedlam" and "Vincent Price"
    Thank you very much, Randi! When you vote, please make sure that you click the link in the email you'll be sent after you placed your vote. Not sure, but I guess the vote won't be counted until it's confirmed that way.

Thanks for the link, really nice.

BTW, just in case you're interested; here's the link to the entire album (which is actually almost a musical, really love this!):
    https://gandalfsfist.bandcamp.com/al...lockwork-fable

Aww, great to hear from you - and that's so neat! Will go vote now ... International votes count, right?

Voted!
    I've Been Frosted

I voted!!! Please let us know how it turns out.

Great to "see" you again, Kirsten!

Last edited by phesina; 08-14-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Voted. in the credits I did glimpse the name "Kirsten" . Please remind us daily to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, great to hear from you - and that's so neat! Will go vote now ... International votes count, right?

Voted!
    Yes, they do. It's a British magazine, but you can vote from all over the world. Thanks a lot, Karen!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I voted!!! Please let us know how it turns out.

Great to "see" you again, Kirsten!

Thank you very much! I will, but I don't think we'll know the result before the award winning ceremony which will be held in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    Voted. in the credits I did glimpse the name "Kirsten" . Please remind us daily to vote.
    Thank you very much. However, you can only vote once per email addy.
    And yes, my name is mentioned in the credits, but that's only for creating the necklace the female character in the video is wearing. It's also printed on one of the CDs of the album as it plays a crucial role in the entire story.

Last edited by Kirsten; 08-14-2017 at 04:47 PM.

That necklace is gorgeous, Kirsten! What a fine artist you are!!! (Which we already knew from your photography .)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    That necklace is gorgeous, Kirsten! What a fine artist you are!!! (Which we already knew from your photography .)

Thank you. First attempt in making some steampunkish stuff.

Well, last chance to vote; voting's ending tomorrow ...

So, if anyone would still like to help here ...

Okay, voting's ending today, we'll see ...

Thank you to everyone who voted for the video and supported the band that way!