Thread: My cat is outside all the time...eats chocolate too!

Hybrid View

My cat is outside all the time...eats chocolate too!

Now that I have your attention...of course my cats are not outside all the time. The only time they are outside is if they are chaperoned by my husband or me. And no...they don't eat chocolate. They don't like it. Plus...I don't share my chocolate easily - not even with my cats!

Please, please, please, please!!!! stop ruining the Cat of the Day experience for people! If you cannot say anything nice - don't say anything at all! The person who submits his/her cat wants to hear how pretty/clever/adorable/smart their cat is. They do not want to hear about the bad experiences you have had with cats...or your philosophy on how they should raise their cat - or your opinion on anything except how pretty/clever/adorable/smart their cat is.

I feel so sorry and sad whenever I read a Cat of the Day and it says anything about the outside because I know the lectures will come - and I think how sad the person will be. I really doubt someone on the island of Cyprus will say..."Oh...what good advice...I will change how my cat lives now!"

Can't we just make it a nice experience for people...please??

*waving hand* Guilty as charged.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I agree, 100%. While I keep my cats indoors only, many cats do live outside or inside/outside and do fine. A lot depends on where you live.
    COTD threads are not the place to express your feelings on this subject to the owners, IMO.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    I agree that if your cat is COTD or not, unsolicited advice is inappropriate. Kinda wierd actually. It's safer for peeps to stay indoors 24 hrs. a day as well, but most of us don't to that. To each his own I say, with all due respect. I mean truly, are we not celebrating the joy our excellent furry friends give us?

Well said Sara and thank you.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Hmmmmmm

I never noticed anyone doing such a thing, but I may be guilty of not reading all the other posts.

I agree, there is a time and place for everyone's opinion and it isn't appropriate for a post on the Cat, Dog, Pet of the Day.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. <--- my Mom's favorite expression.