Thread: Sweatshirt Pet Beds

Sweatshirt Pet Beds

I saw this on FB and I think it's a great idea. I hope that this link will work: https://www.facebook.com/lists/12839...type=1&theater.

In case some people can't see it then I'll post the picture with instructions below.

DIY pet bed! You will need: an old sweatshirt, bed pillow, polyfill or other stuffing, one lucky pet.
    1. stuff sleeves and shoulder/collar area of sweatshirt (you might need to put in a few stitches to create a "pocket" in the body of the shirt.)
    2. insert pillow through bottom of shirt.
    3. stitch end of sleeves together
    4. attach pillow "ring" to bed bottom with a few stitches.

I am glad you included the pics and directions, as that link goes to FB, but not to anything to do with a pet bed.

Neat idea!

sweat shirt pet bed

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I am glad you included the pics and directions, as that link goes to FB, but not to anything to do with a pet bed.

Neat idea!

sweat shirt pet bed
    Yes, I'm glad too. The link works for me but I was wondering if it would work for others too. Some people aren't FB members either.

Even any long-sleeve knit shirt, like a long-sleeved T-shirt would do! I have a couple regular T-shirts that are fairly heavy material, but have bleach spots or something so I should not wear them, but the fabric is still sturdy, so they might make decent rectangular beds, as sadly all are short-sleeved, so the arms won't wrap around to make the circle!
    I've Been Frosted

That is what I do with my old sweat shirts , and make outdoor beds for the Outdoor Cats.
    They just love to sleep on my shirts, they make great make shift places
    for snoozing!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a fantastic idea!!! The step-by-step you included shows it to be very easy to make and I'm sure our kitties would find it very comfortable. And with Soncat away and missed by Groucho, there's another plus here - if we use a sweatshirt we can no longer wear for the bed that has not been through the laundry, our sweeties can curl up with our scent while we're at work or out for whatever reason. Comfort AND reassurance for them. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful idea!

Would you give your sweeties some lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

That is super cute!! I know my kitties lay on my shirts all the time.

That is such a good idea and I am going to try it today The link took me right to *my* Facebook page so good that you put a picture with instructions - thanks!!